“Lunch bruschetta e vino”

Enoteca Gustavo Mescita Vini
Ranked #24 of 130 Restaurants in San Gimignano
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped by for a quick lunch and we had two bruschetta and a glass of white wine from San Gimignano (vernaccia). Everything was very tasty, the bruschetta is made with delicious local products, we especially recommend the one with pecorino and sundried tomatoes! Surprisingly authentic despite the very touristy location.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

After a day walking around Siena in the blazing heat and again in San Gimignano (both places I Loved) I was looking for the perfect place to sit down have a glass of wine with light snack, Enoteca Bar Gustavo was just perfect and complemented the town its in. The lady who served us was polite and attentive. I will definitely be back

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

The place was recommended by a friend and it proved to be excellent. Charming little place with only 5 small tables and bruschetta to die for. Very good local vine and great selection of cheeses. Staff is so friendly it feels you know them for years. Great experience.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Let me start by saying I love San Gimignano...it is one of my favorite places in the world; which is why I was so shocked by how we were treated in this establishment. We stopped here for a cappuccino and were served two scorched and burnt cappuccinos. My friend and I both burnt our tongues really bad. When we very politely asked the owner to please make a new one, he literally yelled at me in Italian that cappuccino is supposed to be hot. I understand much more then I can speak and therefore only got his attention afterwards when I told him we didn't want them and would not be paying for them either...He started yelling obscene words and saying that he would add cold milk to it if i wanted... thankfully, a very nice fluent English/Italian man came in and translated to the owner that the cappuccinos tasted horrible and that cold milk would not make them better. The owner said some more nasty words and my friend and I left. Tips for the owner- A) Burnt does not mean hot. B) just because a patron can't speak Italian does not mean that they can't understand the obscene words you are using. c) Most importantly- you are Italian, you should know how to make a decent cappuccino.

4  Thank Suellen C
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Rather than a full lunch, sat at one of the 3 tables on the street, right outside and had a large plate of antipasto and a plate of mixed bruschetta between four, along with water, wine and coffee. All was really tasty