“Extremely disappointing !”

Price range: US$7 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Pisa near the main attractions like Square of Miracles , the Leaning tower etc the OSTERIA IN DOMO is a typical tuscany restaurant which offers excellents meats and fresh fish at very good prices. Nel cuore di Pisa vicinissima ai principali monumenti come Piazza dei MIracoli , la Torre Pendente etc l'OSTERIA IN DOMO e una tipica osteria toscana che offre piatti regionali alcuni rivisitati con creativita' con eccellente carne e pesce fresco a dei prezzi competitivi
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Having been recommended by our hotel receptionist, we were very disappointed. The tommahawk steaks that we all chose were unavailable and so were talked into having local steaks at 25 euros each, the steaks were unbelievably tough and gristly and were accompanied by a meagre portion of new potatoes, which arrived minutes later.
The bread was so dry that it was almost inedible and the service was slow.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Kevin S
Write a ReviewReviews (1 744)

22 - 26 of 1 744 reviews

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and helpful, fast service, and food (we had a starter to share and mains) was delicious with always a pinch of originality and uniqueness!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Apart from surviving my chair collapsing at the end of the meal leaving me in a heap on the floor this was a great dining experience. Service was faultless and the flavours well balanced and interesting. The steak really did have a taste of countryside to it. Italian tomatoes always seem better somehow in a delicious Caprese. It is impressive when a place so close to daily football crowds of tourists keeps its standards so high.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

I came with my family after visiting the leaning tower and saw the excellent reviews, so we figured it wouldn't be a tourist trap. The mixed salad was superb (we ordered it without chicken because my mom is a vegetarian), with fresh ingredients and delicious caponata vegetables. The main courses however were very uneven. My pici in white ragú was super oily and lacked taste, and my mom's pesto pici was served cold, but my sister-in-law's spaghetti frutti di mare, my brother's Tuscan burger and my dad's lasagna were good... who knows, maybe the chef decided to not go to work today and sent his replacement.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Lovely authentic Italian Trattoria. Excellent menu and good choice of wines. The food was wonderful with that truly Italian flavour. We had sea bass and also a vegetarian option as well so they cater for all tastes. Not too far from the main attractions and worth a visit for the Italian touches.

Date of visit: March 2018