“Great food, great price!”

Trattoria La Ghiotteria
Ranked #34 of 1 025 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

We had lunch here only 50 m from our B&B and the food (meat and sea food pasta) was so good and so authentic! Only pay cash... but there’s a bank round the corner. The food made our day!

Reviewed 24 April 2018

The lady serving us was lovely and made us welcome from the start. We made the mistake of over ordering which was shame but the food was excellent. Everybody enjoyed the meal here. The pasta was perfectly cooked and the Bolognese had a great taste. Mussels went down very well too and the meat platter was great. The only disappointment which was our own fault is that we had to leave some as the portions were bigger than our appetite. A great little restaurant with superb food and service. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

Me and my boyfriend spent 3 days in Pisa and I found this place on Tripadvisor with good reviews so we thought we would have given it a try.
OMG best decision ever.
We had to wait a little bit but the place has an incredible turnover. Always busy, and once you eat there you understand why and the waiting is definitely worth it.
The food was fantastic. The platters are amazing and the pasta is to die for.
Our favourite dish was the risotto with blue cheese and truffle.
We liked it so much that we went there twice!
I am Italian and I can definitely recommend this place.
And it is also very cheap. I was shocked when we got the bill. I could not believe how cheap it was for the quantity of food we had, and wine!

Reviewed 18 April 2018

What this place isn't is a place offering extensive levels of service and pretty well-dressed plates of food to eat in a lavish setting.

What this place is is a down-to-earth place serving delicious homely Italian food.

We had a long day out and about and fancied somewhere fairly relaxed to have a meal. We came across this lovely little place and, seeing what others were eating, decided to go inside.

The decor inside is very simple, there was one man who was waiting in the room and given the size of the place I'm assuming one cook in the kitchen.

The menu had a mixture of pasta, gnocci, risotto dishes and the prices were very reasonable. We ordered a pasta dish and mushroom risotto. Both were absolutely delicious - the risotto was one of the best I have had. The dishes had a home cooked feel to them, but had real depth of flavour - proper Italian cooking!

The portion sizes were enormous and I only wish we would have been hungrier so we could have finished all of the food!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Not the best place to eat if your in a hurry.The waitress not so friendly and dishonest when I asked if we could transfer to another table.I discovered at the end,she was just lying since no one seat on that table after sometime.Not recommended for everyone.