“Favorite restaurant in Florence!!”

Ristorante Brandolino
Ranked #9 of 2 988 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$17 - US$34
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Description: Inspired by the flavors of Florentine cuisine, as well as that of Tuscany, famous all over the world, Brandolino based his secret of simple and natural ingredients, even if we are poor, local products, which enhance easily the passion of the preparation. The recipes, which proposes, are mainly derived from the most popular dishes from the "Twelve greedy", scions of wealthy Florentines, who lived in the mid-thirteenth century. Cited by great authors such as Dante and Boccaccio, they had gathered in the "Brigade good living", whose sole purpose was to squander the family fortune in riotous living. Apparently they had drawn much of Association in which the poor, as the end goal of their money, and that once achieved, they broke up. The house in which they had headquarters was known as the "Consume". Inspired by this story we want to give everyone the chance to discover the pleasure of food and spend a fun evening. The atmosphere, the quality of food, the culinary skills of our staff will always surprise you for tradition combined with innovation. All this is to rediscover the true pleasures of life.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My husband and I have been to Florence many times, but we have settled on a favorite restaurant!! It was an experience not just eating. The romantic atmosphere just has love in the air. The wait staff are so personable and friendly. The food is truly outstanding. From the wine & antipasto, cheeses and prosciutto, pasta, spinach & bistecca that melts in your mouth. To the cappuccino to the tiramisu. We visited with old friends and made new ones. Truly a place we'll return to over and over!!

1  Thank naniloa335

Reviewed 27 June 2018

A must stop when you are in Florence! Perfect for a plate of pasta or for an evening of a multi course Tuscan meal. I highly recommend the beef! The best I have ever tasted. A great place for families to gather and share a meal. The story behind the new ownership is inspiring!

1  Thank Michelle V
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Absolutely an amazing restaurant!!!! Food was incredible and service was outstanding. We enjoyed it so much that we went back again for another meal. You must go here if you are in Florence. They also have free WiFi.

1  Thank Joey D
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This is my 4th visit to Florence and this little gem has become one of my favorite places to go!! The food is absolutely amazing and I have celiac. The staff understood and took the best care to ensure everything was gluten free. The restaurant is beautiful and the atmosphere is upbeat and you just feel like part of the family!! Definitely a place I will return to!!

1  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I can give to this restaurant 5 stars. The wine was perfect. The beef i ordered medium well and believe me they served perfect beef with artistic presentation. The soup is different but delicious you need try. Average per person 30-60 EU if you include nice bottle of wine. This restaurant must be considered one TripAdvisor excelente level AAA

1  Thank Carlos L