“great Italian shoes, at fair prices”
Review of Antica Cuoieria

Antica Cuoieria
Ranked #110 of 370 Shopping in Florence
Reviewed 4 July 2017

This store was recommended by one of the locals, and I was not disappointed. Plenty of conservative mens shoes to choose from, in all the usual colours and patimas, at a fair price. Remember, when it comes to leather goods, you usually get what you pay for. Except for the big names of course, like Prada, Gucci, etc. where, in my humble opinion, you get totally ripped off. But at Antica Cuoleria you get a great quality shoe, at a fair price. Along with very knowledgable and attentive customer service.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Such cute shoes!! I bought a pair of sandals! Sort of on the expensive side but great quality! People are very helpful and very nice!!

Reviewed 29 December 2016

I wanted to buy leather shoes in Florence- the hotel recommended Via del Corso as a street for quality leather shoes at reasonable prices. Antica Cuoieria was exactly what I was looking for! You could tell the quality of their products as soon as you walked in the store. The staff was very friendly and helpful and wanted me to take my time to ensure I bought the right shoes (not pushy). I was encouraged to try on as many pair of shoes (even those different from my normal style) that I wanted as they wanted me to be happy with my purchase. I purchased two pairs of shoes (both very Italian looking)- flat shoes and heels (I don't wear heels too often). I've since worn the heels twice since being home and they are great. I can't wait to wear my flats. So happy with my purchase here!

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

My wife and I both stopped here whole strolling down the street, and to our surprise the store had several very authentic styles and at very reasonable prices. Quite honestly, aside from the locally made shoes, the best thing of the store is the service. Gianni (maybe is the owner?, not sure) helped us without rushing us while we tried several pairs of shoes.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 February 2016

This local shoe/leather store was suggested by a local friend of mine. I was impressed with the quality of shoes and their prices...albeit at the time they were having an end of season sale. Staff was helpful, knowledgable and professional. If you are looking for a non mass produced product, locally made, make sure you stop by.