“Honest and Friendly”

Ranked #99 of 358 Shopping in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited a few stores while in Florence. With so many knockoffs, it is hard to trust just any vendor. What attracted us to this family owned (father-son) business is their friendliness and honesty. Not knowing a lot about leather, the father was very nice and helpful in educating us about the different types of leather and quality. After providing us with some tips, they left us alone to look around the store. There was no pressure to sell anything nor to upsell. After we picked out the items that we wanted including some belts that were cut to size, they packed all our purchases in protective bags. Both father and son were there on the day we visited. Couldn't be more happier with the way they treated us and valued our business.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

I really wanted a leather backpack from Florence, but walking through the leather market was really overwhelming for me (especially since I'm not too experienced with leather). After my tour, I asked my Italian guide where he bought his bag and he directed me to Charme 2. It's a family owned business and the owners are some of the most hospitable I've met in Italy. They never rushed me to buy anything and answered all the questions I had. I visited the store multiple times to check out other shops and not once did they pressure me into buying anything. You can really tell that they know their reputation and quality of products speak for themselves. If you come during off season, you'll also get a higher discount!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

...and it's from Charme 2 and the lovely people who work there. I travel a lot in my job, and come to Florence at least once a year. I always pop in to say hi and see what new stuff they have - it's always titillating!

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

For 4 years in a row i hAve visited and purchased from
This store. My cousin who lives in Bologna not far from Florence brought me here. They are absolutely the nicest people and have great products. I have received so many compliments on the bags i have bought here. In the hustle and bustle of the market they are just so nice and friendly and fairly priced.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a leather backpack for my 7 year old daughter. We checked this store first but as we had just arrived we wanted to explore further. After shopping the whole market and many other stores we returned and purchased. The gentleman who served us was excellent. He provided really professional service and delightfully not at all pushy. As the backpack straps were too long he even made little leather ties on the spot to hold the excess strap and stop it from flapping around. An absolute delight to be looked after this way and my daughter felt so special. Thanks so much!

1  Thank Hamish R