“Just fantastic!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
KMadur
Encinitas, California
“spacious apartment in a good location”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

Gabrielle and Lisa are gracious and generous hosts who were prompt and efficient throughout the booking process and answered any questions prior to arrival. The apartment is spacious and in a good central location, however it has an odd smell that cannot be ignored. One major problem we had was with the wifi because we expected access to wifi based on previous reviews. It is not clear on the website that prior to your arrival, reservations must be made and a fee paid to have access to wifi. Lisa made several attempts to provide wifi for us as it was our only means of communication, but it was extremely limited at best and never worked properly. We found it quite frustrating throughout our stay that to access wifi we needed to go to the coffee shop around the corner. Also, a working coffee maker would be a nice addition.

Liked best: location
Liked least: no wifi, no working coffee maker and the odd smell
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
24 Jul 2014
Thank you to review our property.
I'm very sorry because is the first time we receive a review not excellent...
Our guests receive always 3 GB of free WiFi and you receive them you too.
Sometimes when these 3 GB finish I offer other free WiFi and I never ask more money, and I do it this also for you. I've paid with my money your Wi-Fi,but it isn't never enough. I give you the instructions to recharge the WiFi as you wanted but you never wanted to do it.
Unfortunately, when you have come had not yet installed a WiFi flat and I had to pay extra for all connections. The WiFi I have always offered free of charge to my customers has always been enough. When I started to feel exploited (3 GB per day!) I stopped paying your Wi-Fi with my money and I have explained how to do it yourself.
This review is very strange, our customers are always very happy to stay in our apartment, leaving wonderful reviews (also on other websites) and they often write to me private letters to thank me and say how much they were fine.
I do this work with love and passion, I am always available for my guests and it is very frustrating to read lies told only as a form of retaliation.

To all my future guests: we are installing a flat free WiFi, at the time the connection is available and free for 3 GB and our guests have had no problems using it.
SarahC757...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Just fantastic!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

My family and I stayed in this lovely apartment during the first week of May 2014. To say we were overwhelmed by the place when we arrived is an understatement. As a previous reviewer has pointed out, whilst the pictures on TA are accurate, they just don't do it justice. The apartment is very well situated in central Florence, with some good bars and restaurants in very close proximity.
Lisa was very welcoming and gave us a good tour of the apartment, you need it, it's large and takes a good few minutes to figure out where you have left the rest of your party...! There was a handy little guide to good places to eat, which we used a couple of times to find somewhere nice to eat.
We thoroughly enjoyed eating breakfast in the courtyard each morning and found that we didn't even get to make use of all of the rooms as it was so spacious. With an extended family of six who don't usually live together, we could have found ourselves getting in each others way, but the apartment was big enough for us to be together when we wanted, but also to give us some space apart. I will never stay in a hotel again in Florence, this was the absolutely perfect, well appointed, situated, furnished beautifully, kitchen gadgeted place to stay. We all loved it.

Liked best: Just everything
Liked least: Nothing
Your age range 35-49
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
wmb176
massachusetts
“Unbelievable but true.”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Stayed here with my family of six. Believe it or not the pictures are really what you will find at this unbelievable place in best location you can imagine. Easy walk to everything yet relatively quiet street since traffic is limited. Place was perfectly maintained and Owners met us with a tray of drinks and biscotti that really made us feel at home. Mother/daughter team were also responsive and helpful in answering my questions, giving us recommendations on where to go and how to get here. I wouldn't stay anywhere else (wouldn't even think about it) when we go back - and we will go back. Thank you Lisa and Gabriella and I hope you are well.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, location, location and luxurious apartment
Liked least: nothing to not like
Families with young children Large groups
Mark G
“Beautiful Apartment In The Heart of Florence”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

The Tornabuoni Suite is a work of art -- like its owners Lesa and Gabriella. The apartment is decorated with delicate antiques and lovely paintings. The furniture is graceful and elegant. Lesa and Gabriella are wonderful hosts. The apartment is huge. It is also perfectly located within 5 minutes walking to the Duomo and the Piazza Vecchia.

Frankly, the apartment is so nice that I held my breath that none of my kids would damage any part of it.

The only minor inconveniences are the lack of wi-fi and intermittent hot water. Lesa and Gabriella are wonderful hosts.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautiful apartment, huge space, perfect location.
Travelling group: Teenagers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
19 Apr 2014
Hi Mark,
thank you for your review! It was a pleasue have you guests in our property.
We solved quickly the problem with the boiler, so there aren't problems with hot water. (As you can see in our last reviews)
And now we have also internet Wi-Fi, so the next time you'll come in Florence you can stay connected!
Ciao to all your beautiful family!
Lisa
PPSaura
Alicante, Spain
“The perfect place to stay at Florence”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

We spent 10 fantastic days on December-January in this marvelous apartment with our three daughters (16-19). Gabriella, the owner, was very helpful with all my questions while preparing the trip and gave a lot of useful advice.

The location is excellent to visit Florence. Of course you know that a car is useless in Florence, but everything is within easy walking distance: 9 minutes to the central station and airport bus stop, 5 minutes to the Duomo, 8 minutes to Piazza della Signoria., 13 minutes to the Accademia. The house is rounded by shops of the luxury Italians brands, and next to Gucci. Every time we stopped and the house entrance we noticed people looking at us wondering WHO we were. If you are a fan of Dante or Dan Brown you will appreciate being next to Via dell Inferno!.

The apartment is in a first floor that you have to reach by a short staircase: have this in mind if you have mobility problems. Gabriella, a very elegant and classy woman and her charming daughter Lisa were there to receive us and show everything. The photos on the web do not make justice to the place. The ceilings are incredibly high and the decoration is exquisite. The house is so big that it takes some time to get properly oriented.

My daughters favorite room was Lisa's where they spent uncountable hours in the makeup desk, getting pretty and feeling like Hollywood actresses. The main bedroom is impressive. There is another double bedroom, smaller but next to the jacuzzi bathroom, that your tired feet and back will really appreciate when you come back after a day of walking the incredible sights of Florence. The fourth single bedroom is the simplest one, probably used for service.

The wide living room was very comfortable, a very good place to gather and share the trip experiences, and enjoy the fireplace while having a cup of fine Italian wine. The apartment was very warm and Gabriella told us that in summer is very fresh. It is also very quiet and in the pretty courtyards you will hear only the charming sounds of distant bells. We couldn't make great use of the courtyards in December, except to smoke, but they seem like a perfect place to enjoy better weather.

There is also a charming studio with a biblioteque and a desk that was my favorite place to prepare next day visits.

The kitchen is small and narrow (one person at a time) but enough and well equipped (except microwave and dishwasher). Anyway we did little use, as Italian food is so good and cheap. Many restaurants around. We specially enjoyed the breakfast at the caffe inside the Roberto Cavalli shop around the corner, the aperitif with panino tartufatto at Procacci and the fantastic lunch and dinners at Trattoria 4 Leoni, 10 minutes across the Arno.

There is no wifi, which for me was a blessing, as I could enjoy the full attention of my daughters, for once not lost in their virtual worlds. Anyway I bought a cheap TIM card for my tablet so that I could stay connected when I needed to search for information.

In resume, Florence is incredible beautiful but staying at this house multiplied our pleasure. When I booked, the first email from Gabriella promised me that she would do everything to make our stay unforgettable. And she did! Thanks Gabriella!

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing