“Great food and fun atmosphere”

Mamma Napoli By Cellini
Ranked #525 of 2 975 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$0 - US$14
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We opted to go here as the restaurant we were referred to was too full. What a great find. Our waiter, Mauricio, had a lot of fun with us as he was full of smiles and mischief but got our orders spot on. The grilled octopus was some of the best I've had in Europe. My wife's ravioli was extremely tasty. As it was a little chilly on March 24th, the outdoor seating area had the plastic drawn and heaters were on; so we ate outside while being very comfortable. I had the Tagliatelli Bolognaise which was spot on compared to those I've had in Bologna. I gave this 5 stars because our evening could not have been more perfect; timing, excellent food, great wine and superior service. This is a family restaurant, so don't expect fine dining, but I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

From the moment we stopped to check out the menu we were impressed with the sincerity of the staff.
it continued throughout our dinner. Suggestions were perfect. The food was delicious!
but again back to the staff... their attention to detail and customers did not go unnoticed :)

Reviewed 9 February 2018

My husband Bill and I were just walking back to our Airbnb apartment when we stumbled by this curb appealing restaurant, with great read tablecloths and a warm atmosphere. We were greeted by the handsome Krios (he looks like a fresh Josh Duhamel), and we were given a perfect table in a quiet corner. The service between Krios and his boss was just outstanding (see picture of both of them with Bill). We had a bottle of the house pinot grigio, which was just outstanding. A uniquely tender bread with a butter to die for. I have not had a butter this tasty in a very long time. First, I had the octopus and potato salad with a light lemon + basil + olive oil sauce. The octopus was unbelievably tender and the potato was fresh and cooked with precision. Then I had the risotto frutti di mare, a corner of heaven for my palate. Just the perfect amount of juice, the exact texture and a million tons of flavor. Bill could not finish his bucatini all'Amatriciana so I had to sacrifice myself for the rest of it. What a gift to my senses. I have never before ate such a good bucatini. Generally it is too strong or over flavored with pancetta but this one at Mamma Napoli by Cellini was a manna of the gods. And at the end, Krios and his friend surprised us with limoncello, a seamless flavor cap for the evening.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

At the beggining it looked a nice place to eat...no much option was around.
However we ended up very upset, Krios from staff told us we coukd have a pizza for 9€ and when we asked for the bill they surprisingly charged us 5€ plus without leting us know before. Is not for the 5€ but for the way they did, it without letting us know in advace....honestly it was very rude.

The quality of the food was very normal... not worth it.

Also the tablecloth was dirty, and the cooker (pozzaiolo) was smoking next to us during his free time... not nice to see so.

We will definetely not come back.

1  Thank julsp77
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Absolutely delicious food. Best pizza we have had in the whole of Italy (ever for that matter). And dessert was amazing.

The staff were so kind and friendly.

Highly recommend!