“Repeated visit, still highly recommend”

L.G.L Leather Factory
Ranked #222 of 358 Shopping in Florence
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

This was our 5th or 6th visit to Tuscany and we thought about skipping Florence to avoid the crowd. The only reason we decided to drop by was specifically just to come to this store. This place is a true gem for me. Where else can you find genuine leather bag, made by hand in Florence, for under 100 Euros?

I really love everything about their bags -- the quality of the leather, the neatness and care in the craftsmanship, the beautiful hand-stitching, and the modern design. Now I have 4 of their bags and really cherish all of them. Will definitely come back to get more.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I see a lot of negative reviews here. All i can say is we were treated with respect and courtesy. As we entered the store the man explained to us that they did not allow people to touch the goods due to the risk of damage from fingernails and food smudges from peoples hands. He offered to show us anything we wanted to see and went out of his way to show me as many wallets and handbags as I wanted. Nothing was too much trouble, he spent ages with us and was polite the whole time introducing himself as well (Gianluca, or Giancarlo, I think). These are not mass produced factory made goods but very high quality, and very beautiful. The shop has something for all tastes and styles. If I am ever in Florence again I would certainly return

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

While in Florence for the day, we shopped for leather goods. The employees of the shops we went into treated us with politeness and friendliness, with the exception of one - LGL Leather. This is hands-down the worst customer service any of us had ever received. It is obvious they couldn't care less about their customers. We witnessed an Asian family being escorted (thrown) out as we entered. And it took all of 5 minutes of browsing for us to be asked to leave. Unbelievable!! Do yourself a favour and avoid this place, your blood pressure will thank you.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

My family and I were abused by the staff at this place for no apparent reason other than the possibility that they do not like Asians. The situation got to the point where we had to consider calling the police due to their threats of physical assault.

I am not sure why they are operating this shop at all as they do not have any intention of doing any business or have the remotest idea of customer service or decorum.

From the reviews it is clear that this is a repeating pattern of behaviour

AVOID AT ALL COST!!!