“Avoid Completely ”

L.G.L Leather Factory
Ranked #222 of 358 Shopping in Florence
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

While in Florence for the day, we shopped for leather goods. The employees of the shops we went into treated us with politeness and friendliness, with the exception of one - LGL Leather. This is hands-down the worst customer service any of us had ever received. It is obvious they couldn't care less about their customers. We witnessed an Asian family being escorted (thrown) out as we entered. And it took all of 5 minutes of browsing for us to be asked to leave. Unbelievable!! Do yourself a favour and avoid this place, your blood pressure will thank you.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

My family and I were abused by the staff at this place for no apparent reason other than the possibility that they do not like Asians. The situation got to the point where we had to consider calling the police due to their threats of physical assault.

I am not sure why they are operating this shop at all as they do not have any intention of doing any business or have the remotest idea of customer service or decorum.

From the reviews it is clear that this is a repeating pattern of behaviour

AVOID AT ALL COST!!!

Reviewed 14 October 2016

After going into several leather shops in Florence, this was a good find. The salesman let me touch the briefcases I was looking at, and we bargained a lower price for a calf-skin leather briefcase. Great care was taken in wrapping my purchase. Yes, I would go there again.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

We visited here among many other leather shops in Florence. LGL took pride in their products. They did not allow customers to rummage through everything. They were there to assist with any of your needs. The quality of the leather seemed nicer than other shops since they remained packaged and did not allow for scratches or finger prints. We purchased four wallets and they gave us a discount. I would recommend this shop over any other in Florence. The staff were very welcoming and helpful.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 September 2016

I see very mixed reviews here. I can tell you that I a bit of a handbag junkie and a stickler for high quality, especially when it comes to leather. And these products are definitely high quality for an excellent price.

I can definitely understand some people being put off by the owner of the store telling them not to touch anything. And the person playing the racist card...really?!? The same thing happened to me and my sister when we entered the store looking for gifts for family, friends, (and ourselves). At first I was a little taken aback. But he then came to the back of the store, where we were and asked if we would like to be shown any bags. He told us that they didn't want the products scratched or ruined by unsupervised handling, which I can appreciate. He then proceeded to show us any bag we wanted to look at, inside and out, backward and forward.

I think the rudeness that people are perceiving has a little bit to do with a language barrier. There are countless leather shops around Florence. Most have mass produced, low quality or fake leather products that are all the same. Those shops are desperate to get you to buy their inventory and push you to do so. LGL is full of high quality, handmade leather goods. They truly know what their products are worth and therefore can afford to be a little pickier with the handling of their merchandise. Could they possibly be a little more friendly upon first encounter? Sure. But after a few minutes of talking with the owner, he was very friendly and helpful.

We ended up buying 6 bags in total (did I mention that I'm a bit of a handbag junkie??). They are beautifully made, quality leather pieces. I'm Extermely happy with my purchases and highly recommend this store.

1  Thank Jessica A