Review Highlights
The 2 G's. Good Quality, Great Location, Gracious Owners!

I purchased a fine quality leather cross body bag at LGL. After visiting what seemed like 2 dozens... read more

Reviewed 11 June 2018
mevcastillo22
Miami, Florida
Repeated visit, still highly recommend

This was our 5th or 6th visit to Tuscany and we thought about skipping Florence to avoid the crowd... read more

Reviewed 24 October 2017

from US$80,60
More Info
from US$90,90
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

My family and I were abused by the staff at this place for no apparent reason other than the possibility that they do not like Asians. The situation got to the point where we had to consider calling the police due to their threats of physical assault.

I am not sure why they are operating this shop at all as they do not have any intention of doing any business or have the remotest idea of customer service or decorum.

From the reviews it is clear that this is a repeating pattern of behaviour

AVOID AT ALL COST!!!

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 14 October 2016

After going into several leather shops in Florence, this was a good find. The salesman let me touch the briefcases I was looking at, and we bargained a lower price for a calf-skin leather briefcase. Great care was taken in wrapping my purchase. Yes, I would go there again.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 13 October 2016

We visited here among many other leather shops in Florence. LGL took pride in their products. They did not allow customers to rummage through everything. They were there to assist with any of your needs. The quality of the leather seemed nicer than other shops since they remained packaged and did not allow for scratches or finger prints. We purchased four wallets and they gave us a discount. I would recommend this shop over any other in Florence. The staff were very welcoming and helpful.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 18 September 2016

I see very mixed reviews here. I can tell you that I a bit of a handbag junkie and a stickler for high quality, especially when it comes to leather. And these products are definitely high quality for an excellent price.

I can definitely understand some people being put off by the owner of the store telling them not to touch anything. And the person playing the racist card...really?!? The same thing happened to me and my sister when we entered the store looking for gifts for family, friends, (and ourselves). At first I was a little taken aback. But he then came to the back of the store, where we were and asked if we would like to be shown any bags. He told us that they didn't want the products scratched or ruined by unsupervised handling, which I can appreciate. He then proceeded to show us any bag we wanted to look at, inside and out, backward and forward.

I think the rudeness that people are perceiving has a little bit to do with a language barrier. There are countless leather shops around Florence. Most have mass produced, low quality or fake leather products that are all the same. Those shops are desperate to get you to buy their inventory and push you to do so. LGL is full of high quality, handmade leather goods. They truly know what their products are worth and therefore can afford to be a little pickier with the handling of their merchandise. Could they possibly be a little more friendly upon first encounter? Sure. But after a few minutes of talking with the owner, he was very friendly and helpful.

We ended up buying 6 bags in total (did I mention that I'm a bit of a handbag junkie??). They are beautifully made, quality leather pieces. I'm Extermely happy with my purchases and highly recommend this store.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank Jessica A
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

This place must be avoided like the plague for any civilised human being who values cordial human interaction. The personnel here behave revoltingly.

We entered the shop, to be honest, to buy. We were pretty set on buying a couple of pieces, so the fact that we were treated so badly is a loss for the owner.

My mother touched the plastic that was used to cover one of the bags and the owner, quite rudely asked her not to touch. My mother agreed and continued browsing without touching anything. Then, out of the blue, the owner felt the need to follow up with another comment "This is not a street market, these are high quality products". This came without any provocation as neither of us had touched anything after he told us not to. It was pretty clear that this comment was racially motivated which really bothered me. Additionally, after becomg accustomed to a very luxurious and cushy life in Sydney, we do not need to be schooled on high quality products. This was an insult which was uncalled for and mean-spirited.

We left the store in shock but I returned to make a complaint. I was met with another man who felt annoyed to have to deal with a complaint who basically said that the man who was rude to us was the boss and therefore he could say what he wanted and if we didnt like it we should leave. This was the final straw and i saw fit to leave this so called shop and never return.

I urge anyone who reads this to avoid this horrible place which is a blight on the otherwise charming city of Florence.

Date of experience: September 2016