Review Highlights
The 2 G's. Good Quality, Great Location, Gracious Owners!

I purchased a fine quality leather cross body bag at LGL. After visiting what seemed like 2 dozens... read more

Reviewed 11 June 2018
mevcastillo22
Miami, Florida
Repeated visit, still highly recommend

This was our 5th or 6th visit to Tuscany and we thought about skipping Florence to avoid the crowd... read more

Reviewed 24 October 2017

from US$80,60
More Info
from US$90,90
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 September 2016

I see very mixed reviews here. I can tell you that I a bit of a handbag junkie and a stickler for high quality, especially when it comes to leather. And these products are definitely high quality for an excellent price.

I can definitely understand some people being put off by the owner of the store telling them not to touch anything. And the person playing the racist card...really?!? The same thing happened to me and my sister when we entered the store looking for gifts for family, friends, (and ourselves). At first I was a little taken aback. But he then came to the back of the store, where we were and asked if we would like to be shown any bags. He told us that they didn't want the products scratched or ruined by unsupervised handling, which I can appreciate. He then proceeded to show us any bag we wanted to look at, inside and out, backward and forward.

I think the rudeness that people are perceiving has a little bit to do with a language barrier. There are countless leather shops around Florence. Most have mass produced, low quality or fake leather products that are all the same. Those shops are desperate to get you to buy their inventory and push you to do so. LGL is full of high quality, handmade leather goods. They truly know what their products are worth and therefore can afford to be a little pickier with the handling of their merchandise. Could they possibly be a little more friendly upon first encounter? Sure. But after a few minutes of talking with the owner, he was very friendly and helpful.

We ended up buying 6 bags in total (did I mention that I'm a bit of a handbag junkie??). They are beautifully made, quality leather pieces. I'm Extermely happy with my purchases and highly recommend this store.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank Jessica A
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

This place must be avoided like the plague for any civilised human being who values cordial human interaction. The personnel here behave revoltingly.

We entered the shop, to be honest, to buy. We were pretty set on buying a couple of pieces, so the fact that we were treated so badly is a loss for the owner.

My mother touched the plastic that was used to cover one of the bags and the owner, quite rudely asked her not to touch. My mother agreed and continued browsing without touching anything. Then, out of the blue, the owner felt the need to follow up with another comment "This is not a street market, these are high quality products". This came without any provocation as neither of us had touched anything after he told us not to. It was pretty clear that this comment was racially motivated which really bothered me. Additionally, after becomg accustomed to a very luxurious and cushy life in Sydney, we do not need to be schooled on high quality products. This was an insult which was uncalled for and mean-spirited.

We left the store in shock but I returned to make a complaint. I was met with another man who felt annoyed to have to deal with a complaint who basically said that the man who was rude to us was the boss and therefore he could say what he wanted and if we didnt like it we should leave. This was the final straw and i saw fit to leave this so called shop and never return.

I urge anyone who reads this to avoid this horrible place which is a blight on the otherwise charming city of Florence.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

When we entered the shop the owner greeted us and friendly advised us to not touch the bags with our hands. First I was confused, but he said, that it is just to safe the bags from getting scratched or getting other marks. And he was right with this advise.
Every bag I was interested in, was shown to me. He explained every detail and had no problem, when I liked to see some more bags. Since I also worked with leather goods in Germany, I can tell you, that everything in the shop is made from real leather. I don't know how people can judge this shop to sell something else, because u can smell the real leather, the quality and when you touch your bag gently while trying them on, you can also feel it. So some comments here are only rude and hurting, because people feel mistreated by the owner.
I was really happy to find this shop, because many other shops in Florence have literally the same bags which might be even made in India. I also saw how people in other shops used the bags and weren't careful with them at all.
In L.G.L. You can feel that the people there do everything with heart and the owner presented the bags carefully and even gave a discount because we bought a lot.
There are beautiful, natural colors when you take a look at the bags and many cute purses. I highly recommend that shop. And don't give too much about people who give a bad comment because they don't understand that a shop owner can't tolerate that everyone touches every bag - then nobody would buy it anymore. Just think about it.

I would buy again from him. I am really satisfied with my wonderful leather bags.

Date of experience: March 2016
1  Thank Nadine M
Reviewed 7 March 2016

Okay, Florence is full of leather stores and markets. It's differenciate to find the good ones from the barters. I found L.G.L to have good prices and quality products, and would recommend a visit to others.

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed 10 October 2015

Run away, don't waste your time or money here. I honestly couldn't believe the way I was treated in this shop. I went to pick up the leather as to touch the product, a man in the store YELLED at me. I asked how am I supposed to know the quality ? NO answer.

I turned around and tried to walk out, encountering the another man as I left. Due to rudeness and arrogance, I decided to take a picture. I WAS PHYSICALLY thrown out then, pushed out the front door. I was stunned and shocked.

Take my advice and don't waste your time or money here!

Date of experience: October 2015