Hotel Caravaggio
US$281
US$249
Official Hotel Site
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$197
  • Bar/Lounge
US$273
US$257
  • Breakfast included
The St. Regis Florence(Florence)
US$961
US$860
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewstrain stationgreat hotelminute walkpastrieswithin walking distancevia nazionalegood sizebreakfast roomboiled eggsmercato centralecold meatswould stay here againlate at nighthotel is locatedmajor sightsconvenient locationthe room was nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel Caravaggio is just a short ten minute walk from the train station and only 15 minutes from the main 'attraction' area of Florence. The rooms are on the small side common with European hotel rooms and was well kept, clean and cane with a mini bar, team and coffee, and a safe. The view from our room 313 was amazing with the Duomo visible through the evening dusk. Really beautiful. There is a lift to all floors. The price was extremely cheap for such a good standard. Although I do have a few bad points, as appears to be policy we were asked to leave our room key at reception each day as we left. I have never had this policy in any other hotel. Also on our final full day we returned to find our room door left propped open, assumedly from cleaning earlier in the day, although nothing was missing this was a little worrying. Also there was a burning smell always present in the bathroom. The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly especially as we had had a bag lost on a flight and had to have it delivered to the hotel in the middle of the night. Overall a great choice for anybody visiting Florence if you are on s budget and are looking for a great deal.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank justliketetris
Reviewed 10 November 2017

When I went to Florence to learn Italian, I stayed 14 nights at the hotel so I had a lot of time to take in every detail.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, both before my stay when we exchanged emails and during my stay.

The hotel itself is conveniently located; from the train station Santa Maria Novella it is a 10-minute walk - maybe a bit more with luggage - and it is close to the Duomo, the Mercato Centrale, restaurants, supermarkets, shops, and a coin laundry.

My room (101) was nicely decorated and faced the garden to the back, however a bit small although it was supposed to be a double room for single use. I had wanted to use the desk for doing homework but could barely sit there because the space between bed and desk was very narrow.

The closet was not very deep so all clothes on hangers hung diagonally and I had trouble finding space for my two weeks’ worth of clothes. Although the closet had two drawers, both were occupied by extra woolen blankets. After using one of the blankets and rearranging the closet a bit I was able to use those drawers too.

In the corner under the TV there was a suitcase stand. My suitcase fit snugly but it was not possible to place the suitcase stand anywhere else so that I could have opened my suitcase without dragging it around.

The room had a safe, a mini bar, and a water kettle to prepare tea (instant coffee as well, if I remember correctly). The room was spotlessly clean although it would have been nice had the curtain on the right been attached properly to the rail. By the way, there are no blackout curtains, so it is never really dark at night.

The air conditioning unit serves as heating in winter. Heating in the bathroom was switched on a few days before November 1st and even the bathroom floor tiles felt warm.

The bathroom itself was spacious, however I would have wished for more storage space for my toiletries, e.g. a shelf above the wash basin.

Breakfast is served from 7:30 to 10 on the first floor as a buffet (the early hour was good for me as I had lots of time to enjoy breakfast before walking to school). The choice is ample, not only for an Italian standard breakfast. There were coffee and many types of tea, bread and rolls, croissants, small tarts, cereal, cheese, salami, ham, boiled eggs, fresh cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices, mozzarella, feta cheese, olives, butter, jam, honey, Nutella, cereal, yoghurt, canned and fresh fruit, orange and pineapple juice. There was even some gluten free wrapped food. The coffee had a sign saying mocha style but I saw a lot of people asking the wait staff for a different kind such as cappuccino.

Those cherry tomatoes were one of the few things I did not like, I found they had a funky taste and stopped eating them after a few days. Cherry tomatoes that I bought at the supermarket were good, and I cannot say what was different.

Noise: rooms starting with 1xx are on the same level as the breakfast area, so there is noise early in the morning when breakfast is being prepared. Additionally, I found it quite noisy in the afternoon, when the room attendants would gather. Also, as the floors are terracotta tiles, if someone drags a chair across the floor, the sound is audible everywhere. There were occasions when guests would come back late at night and did not care about how loud they were. I wear earplugs at night but sometimes I was awake and took them off, therefore I noticed.

Overall I was very happy with the hotel and I would definitely go back.

Stayed: October 2017
6  Thank Traveller176
Reviewed 9 November 2017

If I had dreamed of the perfect place to stay in Florence I could not have made this place up. Spacious rooms, decorated to represent all that Florence was and is now. Robust wifi, a four piece bath and a view of the park, all within walking distance of the centre. Warm and helpful stafff. Delightful!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank B M
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel was fantastic. Staff are so friendly and helpful. Always a warm greeting. Room was beautiful, spacious, clean and very cosy. Great location to the Centre. Breakfast was plentiful and pleasant. Small bar area nice for a nightcap if you wish. I would definitely stay here again if I was in florence . Great price for a fantastic hotel. Don’t hesitate book it!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Marybrenn
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is set In the heart of Florence near the bus stops to all the famous cities nearby the red bus that takes you round the city and had headphones in so that you can hear all the information of the sites that you are seeing so the hotel is in a perfect location. The hotel is very clean and the receptionist helped us loads navigating us round the city and the rooms are very modern

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family