Reviews (1 295)
1 295 results
All reviews former monastery piazza ss around the corner canopied bed quiet piazza the main hotel historic hotel rick steves family suite old world antique furniture short walk old building breakfast room superior room perfect location loved this hotel
152 - 157 of 1 295 reviews
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We were very impressed with this hotel! The location is in the heart of Florence overlooking an active piazza. Just around the corner is the Academia and its a direct shot to Brunelleschi dome and basilica. The neighborhood was fun! Many great eateries. Florence isn't that big, so we were able to see all the sights we set out to see on foot.
The hotel is charming. They kept the 14th century character with all the modern conveniences. It even has a small elevator.
The room (#9) was more than we expected large with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom had a shower and tub with hair dryer, magnified makeup mirror and assorted toiletries. Our bedroom view looked out over the piazza while our bathroom window looks out over a pretty garden and terra-cotta rooftops behind the hotel. Beautiful!
The breakfast was excellent! They had the most magnificent strawberry croissants. It's on a terrace rooftop. If it's chilly when you're there you may want to take a sweater to breakfast.
I was sad to leave.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MaryC80
LoggiatodeiServiti, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear Ms Mary ,
thank you so much for your kind words.
I'm happy to know you enjoyed the time spent in Florence, and we were part of it.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

I loved staying at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti. Everything about this hotel was amazing. When we first arrived, we were able to check in early. We stayed in room #5 in the annex building. The annex building is just around the corner from the main hotel. Several offices occupy the building but once you arrive at the hotel floor, you enter a door that is only accessible with a key. We loved staying in the annex. It was very quiet, safe, and private. I felt like I was staying in an Italian apartment more so than a hotel. I loved feeling like I lived there. Our room was extremely spacious. We had very tall ceilings, a large walk in closet, and a very spacious bathroom. The beds were on the firmer side but I was able to get good rest. The location was perfect. It was down the street from the Duomo and right around the corner from the Academia. Down the street there was a convenient market, delicious Chinese restaurant, and launder mat. My husband and I travelled very light since we explored various cities in Italy on our trip. It was extremely convenient to have the launder mat right next door so we could wash our clothes. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. The staff is very kind and helpful. I fell in love the moment I walked into the room. When we come back to Florence, we will definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vanessa V
LoggiatodeiServiti, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

Dear Ms Vanessa ,
thank you so much for your beautiful words.
I'm really happy to know you enjoyed the time spent in Florence, and expecially your spacious room in our annex.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

We were allowed to check in early at this quaint hotel on an off the beaten path piazza. The staff was helpful and polite, the room rustic, attractiv, and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and filling. We will stay here again if the opportunity arises.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RonaldW1103
LoggiatodeiServiti, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Dear Mr Ronald W ,

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Hotel Loggiato Dei Serviti offers elegant rooms with a touch of history through antique bedroom furnishings yet modem bath facilities.

A delicious breakfast is included which features eggs, slices of ham and turkey, and a variety of cereals, yogurts and pastries and juice. You also receive personal service for a hot beverage of your choice.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank 41mab

Dear Mr/Ms 41Mab ,

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Mh and I stayed here for two nights of our Florence vacation. We have mixed feelings but overall, they are positive.

Pros:
- the staff was excellent. Everyone was so sweet and most of them spoke far more English than we did Italian yet we're still patient when we wanted to practice.
- the breakfast included with the stay was simple yet great. The fresh meats and cheeses were delicious. I loved the candied peaches and dates. They even had some American cereal on offer for those that wanted. However, the best part was the fresh caffe. They served up the second best cappuccino I've had in Italy (and believe me, I've had many!).
- our room was so cute and just what we wanted. It was a descent size. Extremely tall. It felt old in a good way and matched this 500 old year hotel perfectly. We stayed in the annex and really enjoyed it for the most part.
- the bathroom was a good size, clean, and nice. Shower worked great

Cons:
- we couldn't figure out the AC. Instead of asking, we just slept with the window open and turned on white noise machines from apps on our phones.
- the bed was extra phone. It could really use an egg crate or something to soften it up.

Overall, we'd stay here again because we really liked it even though we had two fairly big cons with the AC and bed.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple