“Superb bisteca”

Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Good entre and a superb bisteca. Nice staff, good advice on wine. Felt very welcome as usual. Just the perfect place for the evening.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 207)

23 - 27 of 2 209 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Our tour guide recommended and it did not disappoint. After a long day, it was the perfect atmosphere and the food was delicious. We would definitely go back!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Lovely restaurant with great food- good bread and olive oil- Nice staff.
Prices were reasonable, and wine selection was great.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We had been waiting for our antipasto (just a table of salami) for about half an hour while the rest of the people continuing to be served regularly, probably they just forgot our order. Our food arrived staight away after I complained with the waiter. I was surprised (negatively) when my main course arrived: it was a different one from the one I ordered and, on top of that, it was served almost cold. I complained again with the waiter and he kept insisting that I received exactly the food I ordered, indeed! After a quick back and forth he offered me to change my plate, but then the 2 of us would had to eat separately. I kept the wrong order then. Another disappointing surprise was at the billing time: first they charged me also the money for my unordered pasta, then one guy come out from inside and put 5euros on my table. Really rude and unbelievable gesture, also considering that I have been charged 9euros for the pasta and they offered me 5euros back. Definitely my last time there. Really unpleasent experience.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

We were one of the 1st 20 people to post a review of Giannino back in 2011 where we raved about the Food, Service, and Value. We were ripped off at a tourist place (high price, mediocre food) so we tried this place out on a whim. The experience was terrific and we kept going back having dinner there 4 nights, each better than the others. But now the inexpensive menus that changed nightly are gone. The servers efficient but not particularly friendly, and the food OK but not terrific. Oh well, a lot can change in 7 years. At least the Duomo is still there!