“Fun”
Review of Il Porcospino

Il Porcospino
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Il Porcospino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #606 of 2 977 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Description: The flavors and aromas are those of true Tuscan tradition that goes with the Ligurian cuisine, area of origin of the owner of the premises: the magnificent Tuscan starters, pasta with pesto and tomato soups and baby food purely exquisite typical Tuscan and Florentine steak, Osso Buco, fried meat and vegetables until the tripe. Last but not least, are the fresh fish dishes.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The waiter really sells this place - he should be on the stage - upbeat and fun. Food pretty tasty too. Not a stand out menu - but value for money.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 141)

4 - 8 of 1 141 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very central location, but still you are screened from the traffic with a wall. Waiters are in an unusual good mood - making the experience great. Good food and great service. Recommended

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went here on a recommendation of friends of the couple we were traveling with. They know one of the waiters pretty well. I was very dissapointed with this dinner. Because we told them who we knew, we got a "set menu" and didn't get to pick anything. I would have liked to select my own dinner. I will give them that the fried squash blossoms were very good, but everything else I could have done without. The waiter that these people knew was almost obnoxious. When my husband went to pay (as the waiter never came to get the bill) he said they automatically did the stupid "conversion charge" even though he did not ask them to do that. That made me the maddest. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant unless you are itching for an American Experience, which I was not.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant very easily handed our party of 9 and got our food out very quickly and cooked to perfection. Our waiter, Franco, was very charismatic and charming and made the dining experience even better

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was 'ushered' to my chair in the outdoor seating area of Porcospino on the arm of the very charming and affable owner/manage! Once we made our wine selection, he surprised us by uncorking the bottle with a detailed preparation and presentation that we had never before experienced....absolutely delightful! The owner and waiters continued to be very friendly and accommodating throughout our meal.
The menu offers a very appealing selection of appetizers, salads, pastas, and entrees.
We greatly enjoyed appetizers of caprese salad and minestrone soup filled with vegetables. Our entrees of Lombatini veal cutlets with marsala and roasted potatoes and handmade cappellachia pasta stuffed with ricotta cheese and pears were so delicious!!
Our wine selection complemented the meal beautifully, and the canoli we shared was fantastic!
Highly recommend! The il Porcospino restaurant that we visited is within easy walking distance our our hotel in Florence, the Relais Hotel Centrale.