“What’s with the hype? ”

Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food is good. Not exceptional. Sorry, being from NYC my expectations are more than plates of food thrown at me by waiters with that seem to desire to be anyplace else but at work.

Linguine with clam sauce was decent. Sausage with potatoes was inedible.
Did not stay for dessert.
Was referred by my Florentine jeweler and asked to speak to the owner (supposedly her family friend) twice and he just couldn’t make an appearance. Too bad - really made him look inhospitable when his restaurant was referred so highly....and it fell so short.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 188)

7 - 11 of 3 188 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were seated next to a table of 8 college girls from Penn state and I noticed they all had the rigatoni and had cleaned their bowls. I had to order it and I too cleaned my bowl. Not to be missed. The owner is a transplant from Canada and his staff great. Beside the rigatoni the value steak was so good, and we had to have the oh so good chocolate cake. Go expecting to loosen your belt but worth the calories

1  Thank Steven F
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Locals took me there and I trusted them on this one. It was busy, we had to wait and I was a bit concerned with all the foreigners there. Eventually, I realised we were all there because it was a good tip. The decoration immediately immerses you to a look and feel of a florentine pub restaurant. Non pretentious with good home made food. We started with antipasti and a Caprese which was good enough to get us ready for the rigatoni covered in rich tomato sauce and melted mozzarella cheese. It's the speciality of the restaurant and they serve it in a salad bowl. Those who like their pasta with sauce are in heaven. Never had something like this before because usually mozzarella is not known for its taste. This dish, however, was full of flavour. No need to add any parmesan or pecorino. The melted cheese was doing a fine job. A bit of ground black pepper and we were set. Then, opted for an osobuco with mashed potatoes. Simply divine. Cooked in wine sauce, tender and full of juice. Give it a shot, reserve or just step in and be patient. You will be rewarded.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Greeted by friendly host even though we didn’t have a reservation. Seated quickly. Waiter, no personality. We were expecting a lot more from all the great reviews. Instead we encountered very average American style dining experience. We ordered a number of dishes for a family of five. The star of the night for us was the rigatoni. That’s it! Osso Bucco tough and inedible. Anchovies tasted like they were canned. It was just very average.

2  Thank Dee P
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A must to visit in Florence, as every Italian Place, no the nicest people but just because their typical style, food is awesome, great location, 1.5 Kg “Bisteca” (Porter House ) is €87, I do recommend a piece for up to 3 pax and ask for 2-3 sides: Spinach Crepes, mashed potato and you can’t miss the “Macarroni with Buffala Mozzarella and tomato”, it’s a baked pasta that will be served in a glass bowl that is sooooooo good!!!, it worth it!!!