“Regular Food, Overpriced and bad service”
Review of Da Ganino

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am with my family visiting Italy and today we had dinner at this Tratoria which my landlord from AirB&B recommended. Our experience was far from great compared with other experiences in Florence. First the waitress waited as she was upset because we were there like doing us a favor, second, 3 out of 4 plates were way below the quality the Italian food have in Florence and third the prices were similar to a high end restaurant while the location and facilities correspond to a standard dinner. Some body could say that this is normal in Italy but it is not my prior experience.

By the way there is not kids friendly food here.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food was very good,the location and atmosphere but unfortunately we were unsatisfied with the service behavior both times we visited it !

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The pastas and table wine were outstanding. Great location, and covered outdoor space. The only reason for four vs five star review is the service was a bit slower than other similar places. Overall, a good experience on the first night of the trip.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went for dinner based on a recommendation of our Airbnb host. We were immediately told we could not sit outside without a reservation (even though tables remained empty during our meal inside). Not a problem, we’ll sit inside. The inside hostess dumped some menus on our table and walked away. Surprising - considering we’ve spent 11 days in Italy and had nothing but friendly service everywhere, from coffee bars to trattorias to restaurants. We ordered glasses of wine and birra, an appetizer of prosciutto with melon, and a main of sliced beef with pistachio crust. The food was excellent. The service remained so subpar throughout the meal that I was ready to leave as soon as we were through eating. It took 15 minutes and us asking 4 times to get the bill. For the 1st time on our trip, I felt discriminated against as a foreigner. We watched locals being served faster and having more than friendly exchanges with the wait staff, while the tourist tables (3 of us at the time)were unattended and ignored. Overall not the experience we wanted for our last night in Italy and my birthday dinner!!

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Not on the guides, but we ate here two nights and was a good experience, lot's of flavour. I recomended it in Florence, but arrive early.