“Great meal!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We wandered around the area searching for a place to eat. It was a little early for dinner as most places close down and open for dinner around 7pm. Nonetheless, I’m happy we found this place. It was good and very reasonably priced!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 037)

32 - 36 of 1 037 reviews

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Our family (mom, dad, 4 kids ages 12-16, grandma) LOVED Granino! After over a week throughout Italy and many good meals, this was the best! We had everything from the pate to the meats and cheeses to pasta and the signature t-bone. All was fabulous - including staff and atmosphere. Eat here!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

After some three hours of Madonnas and martyred saints at the Uffizi, we were pretty exhausted and famished and ended up here in mid-afternoon for a late lunch. We shared a plate of grilled vegetables (zucchini, peppers, eggplant, etc.). Everything was well cooked (done but with a slight crunch), had a bit of char for flavor, and seasoned just so. We also had the ravioli with mushrooms, three very large pasta pouches filled with ricotta and dressed out with a truffle cream and shaved black truffles. It was an absolutely heavenly dish, very rich, but also surprisingly light. The generosity of the grilled vegetables combined with the creamy ravioli left us too full for dessert, but the mother and daughter next to us were raving about the tiramisu. (A couple two tables down sharing a huge steak also seemed very, very happy.) Service was not overly friendly, but it was adequate. We left, thinking we might return, but discovered they are closed on Sunday. Still, we were pleased we’d been able to try Hosteria da Ganino once. Excellent value.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

We ordered the lamb, and it was probably the worst lamb I ever had because it was tough. I had to spit out a few bites because I couldn't swallow it.

We also ordered the gnocchi, and it was just okay. I wouldn't recommend it.

Service was barely okay. We had an early reservation, so we were the first customers for dinner. I think due to our language barrier, they didn't understand we had a reservation and made us feel like they were squeezing us in. They had a large party for Italians, so their focus was on them instead of us. It was unfortunate because it was my friend's birthday, so I was hoping it would be nice. Instead we didn't feel like even ordering dessert there, so we got paid and left.

If you come here, stick to the food that was rated well.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

There is a party here tonight: a group of Italians celebrating Christmas. So we have to sit outside under the heater. No problem. I remember that every bite was worth the nip in the air. And so it is. Two salads, including my favorite carpaccio de artichokes. Three pastas— truffle, meat sauce and the gnudi. Oh my god we could eat a third course without blinking. Service is leisurely (the group inside is demanding.) But it’s worth the wait. 20 years after my first meal here it’s worth the wait.