“Fantastic dinner!”

L'Osteria di Giovanni
Reserve with
L'Osteria di Giovanni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 2 978 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$29 - US$117
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Description: At L’Osteria di Giovanni we not only maintain strict allegiance to traditional Tuscan dishes (including many antique recipes that are not commonly used these days), but we also experiment with new flavours and combinations, whilst remaining faithful to local and season produce. Popular new dishes include smoked duck breast on rocket salad and dressed in balsamic vinaigrette, tortelli stuffed with pear and pecorino, with leek and paprika sauce, pici with sausage and kale, and lamb slow-cooked with artichokes. We stronly believe that your restaurant experience should be unique and satisfying on every front. We look forward to welcoming you one day to L'Osteria di Giovanni.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This amazing restaurant can I warmly recommend, food is fantastic and the restaurant crews were excellent, we have a glass of prosecco when we wait for the table on the house, and super fine service when we got the table!
We eat Serrano with melon as a starter, very fresh and for first plate pasta with truffle.
After they came with a small drink on the house!

1  Thank Freddan70
CaterinaLatini, Owner at L'Osteria di Giovanni, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

What a wonderful and wise sequence of food -- sparkling prosecco with fresh melon and truffle pasta! We certainly hope that our drinks lived up to your expectations.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 331)

12 - 16 of 3 331 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As a solo diner, I easily obtained a table when I arrived at opening time on a Sunday evening. Staff were welcoming and service was spot on. My meal came out very quickly and it was delicious! I did notice that many of the tables were reserved and the restaurant quickly filled up soon after the restaurant opened. Would highly recommend!

1  Thank Coolydoolyjooly

Glad you love the food and found ours to be an efficient and welcoming service! Yes our place does filled up very quickly but we believe that there is always a seat for you the next time you visit!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice meal with lot’s of extras included. Cocolini (fried bread), zucchini flower fritto, biscotti, vin santo and lemoncello were all brought to the table complements of the house. My veal chop was subperb. My porcini truffle salad was nice, but looked and smelled better than the taste. My friends got the bistecca Florentina and enjoyed it. Food was very nice overall. Good restaurant for big groups.

Thanks! The veal chop is one of the most classic and popular dishes we cook and it tastes great with everything! Next time when you come with a bigger group, we will definitely add more extras for you!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I cannot recommend this restaurant enough to anybody visiting Florence. I came here with my wife and eight friends to celebrate my wife's 50h birthday and we were so glad we'd done our research and found this lovely restaurant.

I contacted Caterina Latini a few months back to book as we were such a big party and was glad I did as the restaurant was packed the entire time we were there.

I've been visiting Italy for a number of years and can honestly say this was the best meal I've ever had. The restaurant itself is just what my wife and I like in an Italian. Homely, traditional, authentic in every sense and serving regional and local dishes to perfection.

After a delicious complimentary plate of fried bread, we shared plates of antipasti for starters and the bruschetta, meats, cheese, calciofi and olives etc were divine. Between us we had various mains and cortini including steak, fish and pasta dishes, all of which were cooked to perfection and packed with flavour. We drank a mixture of lager, bottled Montepulciano d'abruzzo red wine and a house white wine. All of which were excellent.

The staff were very attentive and friendly and as they knew it was a special occasion for my wife made a real fuss of her by bringing out a lovely cheesecake complete with sparkling candle or should I say firework! We were also treated to complimentary Limoncello's, sorbet, cantucci and a bottle of Prossecco. We came out absolutely stuffed but very happy.

If you're visiting Florence any time soon, don't hesitate to visit this place. You won't be disappointed but be warned that you probably need to book as it is very popular and I know now why.

1  Thank Andy B
CaterinaLatini, Owner at L'Osteria di Giovanni, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We are absolutely honoured to have able to take part in help making your wife's birthday a memorable one. That we think is our most important task, to make memories.

Who knows, you might be back one day to celebrate another event - we certainly hope so.

Thanks so much for choosing us!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went last evening after having spent the day in CinqueTerra and it was a great way to end a beautiful day. From the exceptional service to the complimentary champagne, the fried bread, then to our main courses, of which I had the best veal chop in Italy, it was all perfect. The extra kicker of the homemade biscotti, so fresh and warm, nothing like I have ever had
Don't miss this restaurant

Ah, we will pass your comment on to Niccolò who makes those awesome little cantuccini (biscotti, as you call them!). Honey is his secret (ssshhhh!). Thanks so much for dropping by.