“Great place, great location”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Cortona
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
docmtl
Montreal, Canada
“Great place, great location”
Reviewed 9 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Easy to find this apartment, nearby the Duomo Place. We arrived by car, so parking outside was free and easy access to the apartment on foot.
Well equipped, renovated, great outside view as depicted.
Samantha kept contact with us before we arrived and was there to explain us everything.
Cortona has some steep hills, but we were able to visit everything on foot (my mom is 79, if she can do it, so can you...). The car stayed parked for 2 days, no charge.

Great stay, great place.

Your age range 50-64
TravelToo...
Scottsdale
“Truly in the heart of Tuscany!”
Reviewed 6 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

What a wonderful location in the heart of Cortona. This apartment had everything we needed - comfort, clean, and beautiful! We couldn't have enjoyed the location any more - close to the main piazzas, and easy to gain parking. The views were magnificent and reinforced that we were in Tuscany. We also received excellent directions and guidance from Samantha. Definitely the place to stay for a real old world experience.

Management Response
8 Oct 2017
Thanks Marna and Keith! It was such a pleasure meeting you and watching you fall in love with this amazing town. See you soon!
Samantha
Gelato624
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“My wonderful Italian adventure”
Reviewed 23 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

I loved my visit to Cortona. I stayed at Casa di Amici in the Marcello, the 2nd Floor apartment. The place has a nice Tuscan and modern charm. It was sparkling clean, with a charming and spacious kitchen and living area, bathroom with a shower and a bathtub, really comfy bed... and the location was perfect...peaceful at night and right near the heart of town. My morning walk to my favorite Caffe and Piazza was less then 2 minutes from my door... everything was so accessible. It really felt like my second home... and Samantha was such a gracious host... she was always there when I had a question or needed her help. I cannot wait to come back. I will stay there again!!! Cortona is a magical place... the people, the food, the history and beautiful scenery!!! A trip of a lifetime!!!

Shar0nOnt...
London, Canada
“Quaint clean apartment near the Duomo”
Reviewed 21 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

My husband and I along with my sister and husband spent two weeks at Casa di Amici in Cortona, Italy. We had the most wonderful time exploring beautiful and historic Cortona.
The apartment is in a great central location to reach the two main piazzas, shops and restaurants. It is located on a very steep street though just off the Duomo parking lot.
The apartment Sofia where we stayed is on the top floor so there is a flight of stairs to contend with. My sister and husband were on the second floor in the Marcello apt. Both apartments were clean and well appointed. Nice kitchens stocked with the essential amenities.
Towels are provided but if you need extra towels there is a charge of 7 euros. There is a cleaning fee of 60 euros payable at checkin. There are no facecloths so I would recommend bringing one or a poof for showering. There is a bathtub and shower which was great to be able to have a hot bath after many hours of walking and exploring.
If you use the heat, which we had to do a couple of times as the weather was quite cold when we first arrived at the end of April, there is a fee as well depending on how much is used. The heating system is run by hot water rads. This did take the chill out of the apartments.
The beds were very comfortable which is extremely important. We found the second bedroom of two single beds to be lacking in furniture and places to store your clothing. The second week I asked for a clothing rack which was provided as we had my son and his wife staying with us for a few days and they had nowhere to put their clothing.
A washing machine is provided in the apartments which was very handy. You have to either hang clothes on the line outside of the livingroom window or hang on racks inside. Because the weather was chilly we had to hang clothes inside with the fan blowing on them so they would dry.
At night you can hear a pin drop it is so beautifully quiet and dark. I loved waking up to the sound of the chirping swallows in the morning and then again at sunset. I also loved hearing the church bells ring at different times of the day. So beautiful.
The views from the kitchen and livingroom windows are amazing. You look right over the orange tiled rooftops and to the valley and hills beyond. I never tired of gazing out at the views.
WiFi always connected. Our TV worked well but the TV in the Marcello never did work. All four of us tried but we never could get it to work. The last four days my sister and husband had to move up with us as their apartment was unavailable for this time.
Samantha always answered my emails prior to and during our stay and was very helpful with advice. If you are arriving by train, arrange for a taxi to meet you at the Camucia-Cortona station. The little bar right beside the station will call for one for you as well. The taxi drivers are extremely nice and friendly. On the drive up the hill to Cortona you can marvel at the gorgeous views as you go up and up.
The town is so historic with many sights such as ancient churches, museums, Etruscan walls, and lovely vegetation. The food in the restaurants is delicious and of course the wine!!
You certainly do get a lot of exercise walking up and down the hilly stone streets but every turn is another photo op..
I would definitely recommend a stay here. I can hardly wait to go back.

Management Response
22 May 2017
Hi Sharon, Thank you so much for the lovely review. It was such a pleasure to meet you all and welcome you to Cortona.

If i can just clarify the comment about your sister and husband moving up to your apartment, this was "pre arranged" when they booked, as theirs was not available for their whole stay. I just wanted it to be clear that we didnt make them move ;)

Cortona is a magical place, and I am so glad you enjoyed the food, wine, views and Sofia apartment.

We hope to see you again!
Best
Samantha
Kathleen...
Boston, Massachusetts
“Tuscany at its best”
Reviewed 7 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Cortona in a romantic hill town in Tuscany and this apartment, known as Sofia, is a romantic place to stay. You cannot help but fall in love with the place. The apartment is very near the center of town with its piazzas, restaurants and stores. However, it is very quiet. The kitchen is well equipped for cooking an Itaian meal as you take in the views of the valley out the window. The apartment is tastefully decorated, clean and cozy. Samantha is very attentive, so you have her help whenever it is needed. The art in the museums and churches in Cortona should not be missed. The surrounding areas also offer art, architecture, wineries and lovely landscapes; you can steep yourself in the Italian culture. Cortona is a wonderful town to visit and I recommend staying in Sofia.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing