All reviews the main square hotel parking lovely hotel via guelfa park the car historic hotel city gate staff went out of their way old world huge bathroom piazza della repubblica wi fi family wedding breakfast was included views are spectacular steep hill charming town
Reviewed 8 July 2018

We had visited Cortona previously and said we wanted to come back and stay in the town. Hotel San Michele was a wonderful place to stay in the quaint town of Cortona. Walk all around with many restaurant and shop options, or just hang in the courtyard with a drink and people watch. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful, including the valet guy. Breakfast was included and quite nice! Would stay here again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen F
Nicolò A, Direttore generale at Hotel San Michele, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Karen F,

Reviewed 2 July 2018

The old building is taken care of very well. The bed was comfortable, and everything that one expects in a 4* hotel room was present. I have also liked the breakfast. The location in the old town is very nice and calm, although there are numerous restaurants in the immediate vicinity.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear pzorinkranich,

thank you for your terrific review, 5/5!
I would like to thank you for sharing such a detailed feedback of your experience at Hotel San Michele, Cortona and we are glad you had a wonderful experience with us. I am happy that you liked the breakfast as well.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Recently finished my third stay at Hotel San Michele of 2 visits to Italy. When in the Camucia- Cortona area, I would not consider staying anywhere else (I wish other hotels would learn from their consistently excellent hospitality, too). It’s the old Baldelli Palace, and so all of the rooms are different in little ways. That makes them a bit quirky at times, and admittedly I *will* remember to ask for one with a stand-up shower (chuckle). But that’s the fun of this place- every stay is a new adventure, it’s always comfortable, the scenery and interior of the hotel are breathtaking. The staff, as noted above, are always top-notch at warmth and hospitality. Easy to get to from Camucia FS station, and no better location in the town. Took my wife on a separate trip there after escorting a university group two weeks prior, and now she’s in love with the property too. We will be back. :-)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear John K,

thank you for your terrific review, 5/5!
I would like to thank you for sharing such a detailed feedback of your experience at Hotel San Michele, Cortona and we are glad you had wonderful experiences with us.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

My wife and I stayed here three nights during our recent trip. Cortona is a small town with not a lot of hotel options, but this one was wonderful. Just steps from the main piazza, it is a family run but first class property.

Reception and check in was easy. We discussed transportation ahead of time and they sent a shuttle for us. I recommend this from the train station as there are not always taxis there. Check in was quick and they took us to our room. It had a magnificent balcony overlooking the Tuscan countryside. I could have spent hours out there (and did) if there wasn't so much else to do. The bed was comfortable, air conditioning was acceptable but not great. The room never really got that cold and we couldn't open the windows due to all the mosquitoes.

Only negative was the bathroom. There was no shower, only a bathtub and hand held nozzle. While it wasn't too hard to adjust, we just always soaked the bathroom as there was no curtain or glass. Not a big deal just worth noting. Overall the property was great. Breakfast was simple but sufficient with breads, pastries, and meats.

Room Tip: As for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Karen F,

thank you for your fantastic review, 5/5!

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I read some of the negative reviews before I booked and now that I have returned from my trip to Italy I am shocked that people had bad experiences at San Michele. First of all this is a Historic Site and a family run hotel. the customer service I experienced was top notch. I booked a larger room (because I wanted a view) and it was stunning. I looked out over the valley and the rooftops. The hotel is so clearly very, very old, but the room and the bathroom, while retaining the historic fabric of the hotel had been updated. the bathroom was amazing! The hotel was spotless, the food/drinks were wondering and I had a great time. I would definitely stay here again when I return to Cortona. Also, the hotel has a parking lot and you can arrange to have your car stowed there. I took the train from Rome. I would give them 6 stars if that were possible. :)

Room Tip: I recommend the rooms on the top floor, talk about a room with a view!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear S G,

thank you for your kind review 5/5!

We are very proud of having been able to meet your expectations and to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on a 360 degrees.

We really hope to have you here again soon!

Best regards,