“A wonderful oaisis in a complex and wonderful city”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room (detail)
The Monumental Facade, Baroque with rare Renaissance Remains Entrance to the apartment: Main Landing on Main Baroque Staircase (red Sicilian marble)
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Monumental Facade, Baroque with rare Renaissance Remains
The Living Room
The Kitchen, with typical Sicilian maiolica. Fully equipped for cooking and dining (8 people)
Main Bedroom, with 16th-c. wall paintings, ensuite wardrobe and blue bathroom with large bathtab
2nd Ensuite Bedroom (the orange ensuite bathroom has a shower)
either Drawing Room or 3rd Bedroom (for up to 3 people). Balcony with 2 chairs onto the main facade
The Blue bathroom (of the main ensuite bedroom)
Another view of the Landing at the Entrance to the Apartment
goodnight from the Landing...
The courtyard, with the 17th-c. Baroque fountain representing a Smiling Satire
Another vew of the peaceful courtyard, in a winter day when the mulberry tree is bare :-(
The building from the street
the street: via Lungarini
surroundings: christmas reading in the Oratorio di San Lorenzo (2 minutes walk)
surroundings: the cloister of Palazzo Steri in Piazza Marina
surroundings: ficus magnoliae in the Giardino Garibaldi in Piazza Marina
surroundings: sunday fleemarket in Piazza Marina
surroundings: tea room in Piazza Marina (Cioccolateria Lorenzo)
surroundings: via Alloro
surroundings: detail of Palazzo Abatellis in via Alloro
surroundings: design shop in via Alloro (officine Achab)
surroundings: glass jewellery workshop in via Alloro
The ancient port of the 'Cala' at a few minute walk. Great promenade on a sunny day or summer night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Christine...
LosAngeles
“A wonderful oaisis in a complex and wonderful city”
Reviewed 19 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Host: Luna is literally the perfect host. Helpful, kind, concerned, professional, informed. Her education about what to see, art, and what to eat, in combination with her life-long love of Palermo is an incredible asset to visitors. She's willing and interested to share her knowledge and I encourage you to take advantage of that incredible asset.
Apartment: Perfect. Beautifully appointed, lovely, spacious, immaculate. Even though there is no air, we were absolutely comfortable with all of the fans included in the apartment, and it was very hot during our trip.
Location: In terms of being in the center of the old city, this lovely old palazzo is fantastic. Walking distance to so many things to see an do, restaurants, piazzas, churches, museums,markets, and shopping. I cannot speak to usingor needing cabs or taxis, we had a car. There are many things that are just a bit too far to walk, however, so do your homework about how to get around. Note: Palermo is an old city with alleyways, half-alleys, dead ends, and a lack of great maps. Be aware that it's not the most "organized" city.But, that's also what is kind of fantastic about it to. Expect to make some wrong turns!
Parking: Obviously, in the center of a crowded old city, there is little or no parking. Luna led us to a great garage, within walking distance, so our car was safe and conveniently housed.
Palermo: I will save my comments about Palermo for a different post, because it is a wonderful, but complex city, and definitely not the easiest place to visit. Do your homework, it's worth it. Also, located within hour+ drives to other amazing places: Agrigento, Cefalu, etc.
What I want to end with is the fantastic care and service from Luna, and her beautiful home that was our haven for our week long visit. Our trip was sideswiped by Alitalia's loss of all of our luggage - four people for the trip- and Luna did everthing she could to help us (even lending us clothes until we got to a store,.) As background, our group was my husband and I, and our daughter and her friend home for summer holiday from college. Plenty of room for all!

Reviewed 13 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

16 Jul 2017
It was succh a pleasure to have you as my guests, I will never forget you, and I hope to see the 3 of you again! Luna
awhite54
Canberra, Australia
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 13 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

This apartment is just beautiful. It is spacious, comfortable and very tastefully furnished and in a brilliant location. Luna is a charming host who made our stay memorable. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Be aware that parking will cost extra.

16 Jul 2017
Thanks for the lovely review. It was very nice to have you at the palazzo and meet you, and you were charming guests and I will not forget you. Just one thing I need to add here not for you but for other people who will read in case they misunderstand: the parking is extra because it is not mine. The people who live in the palazzo agree to forbid parking inside, some of them sometimes break the rules in special occasions but they are the owners, I can't host my guests cars in the beatiful courtyard as I am the first one who doesn't want to waste its beauty and that is also for my guests to enjoy it ;-)
Unnur J
“Would like to live there”
Reviewed 26 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We had some wonderful 6 days in Palazzo Lungarini, a family of three with a friend so everyone had a special room. The grandeur and beauty of the place added perfectly to our experience in Palermo, where we went the days looking at old art and buildings and finding great restaurants. Luna is a exceptional host, she really cares about her guests and gave us tons of good advice and information. Lots of wonderful details in the home, there was a fruit basket and wine waiting for us when we came, and the bathrooms well provided with nice toiletries. The situation is perfect, you are in the heart of things. I wouldn't mind living there if I lived in Palermo, and will definitely head for Lunas place next time we visit Palermo.

16 Jul 2017
And we can't wait to meet you again, whether in your country or again here ! thank you for your beautiful review!
Physeter
Australia
“Stylish, secure, and great location”
Reviewed 7 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Location couldn't be better. Easy walking distance to supermarket, shops, restaurants and buzzing friendly nightlife. Luna, the host, went out of her way to make our stay comfortable and fun. The building is delightful blend of 16th to 18th Century architecture,with modern conveniences, ample furnishings, and secure behind solid courtyard doors.
It was a bit hot without air-conditioning, but portable fans meant that we slept well. We would have preferred a wall-mounted shower as opposed to the hand-held rose, but, all up, this was ideal accommodation for five friends.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
14 Aug 2016
Thank you so much Robyn for your nice review, you are too nice! I also enjoyed having you at my place and to be perfectly honest I miss you! Please don't get me wron but I would like to explain about the air conditioning and the bathtab in the main suite. There are planty of places to sty in Palermo, some are beautiful and perfectly located, as well as run by very helpful people who are keen on hospitality and eanjoy it as much as I do. So in order to get bookings I need to be different and offer a different service, one which, of course, might not encounter everybody's taste. Now I realise you appreciated my place, I know, you have told me, and hope you'll come back too. But the reason why I have no air conditioning is that I don't want to break the law and put airconditioning in an ancient palazzo. Some people do, but it is forbidden when the palazzo is so important. Besides, at the high temperatures of July and august airconditioning is not good for your health, and that's why Nordern Europens prefer it. They also prefere it because it is much better to save the enviroment, something I have started to care much about. As you said the fans I provide are of high standerd type, and I am so glad you made the most of them! I also think they look much better in a place which is furnished in a classically elegant way. As far as the hand.held rose of the shower, I have normal good showers in the other two bathrooms, the hand-held rose is only for cleaning the elegant bathtab, which I chose to put in the main en-swite bedroom with 16th-century frescoes in order to provide something more suitable to the setting. I will think of a way to add a shower but it will be difficult not to spoil the ancient setting so I am not sure I will do it. Sending you all my love and really hoping to meet you again in the future, all of you lot!!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing