Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$135
Expedia.comUS$135
PricelineUS$107
TravelocityUS$135
eDreamsUS$107
Orbitz.comUS$135
All reviews side street visiting catania beds were comfortable breakfast was excellent ceiling piazza
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 January 2020 via mobile

The online photos were beautiful. I love architecture and had really looked forward to coming. I’d tried making a reservation direct with the hotel but they didn’t respond after a day so I booked through a booking service (their website is Italian only). I did email the desk about upgrading my room. After five emails back and forth with them telling me there’s an extra charge and me saying I realize that I gave up. Then I realized I booked one day too many. I’d be checking in Jan 28 and not the 27th. I didn’t expect a refund but the email I got back was downright unfriendly. “we inform you that unfortunately if you will make no-show tomorrow, you should make a new reservation from 28th January to 01th February 2020.

Unfortunately there are some conditions to respect with the agency, and your reservation is not refundable in case of no-show at check-in date.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Best regards

Giuseppe Rapisarda”

I called the booking service who straightened it out. I asked (nicely) to speak to a manager. No manager is available.

I’m really disappointed. Doesn’t help that the room is dark, dingy, and smells of mildew. I’ll add some outside photos tomorrow that will stun you on how different they are from online photos.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2019 via mobile

The hotel is indeed in a great location for sightseeing. The staff is really polite and as helpful and accomodating as they can. The morning buffet is very pleasant and with outdoor seating.
However, the facilities of the rooms themselves really need maintaining and repairing. The bed stand is all worn out and falling into pieces (why dont just remove it?), the arrangements to keep the original ceiling are understandable but render the rooms more noisy and unsettling, there is no hot water neither enough water pressure to take a shower.
We understand this was an economic hotel, but there are some minimum requirements that every guest deserves and can be observed everywhere by any owner (such as provoding means to have a decent shower or replacing broken items)

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2019

Tucked away on a side street, this place is a find. Staff were friendly and obviously love their jobs. The breakfast selection is delicious and eating in the sun on the patio is the perfect start of the day. Aperitivos and wine at night under the stars left us feeling relaxed and happy to be in this wonderful city.

Room tip: The rooms on the main floor have lovely painted ceilings.
1  Thank Sherrie T
Reviewed 31 October 2019 via mobile

The staff is outstanding. I cannot praise them enough. They are friendly and very helpful. They do need more help at the front desk. Often, five people were in the little lobby for help while the desk clerk scrambled. The beds were comfortable. The hotel is quirky and charming. Breakfast was excellent.

I take issue with the management. We had requested an larger room with an upgraded bathroom and the workmanship and repairs were shoddy, someone sloppily caulked the tub over mold, and drains that don’t work properly. Housekeeping attempted to remove the mold and were able to only reach that which had grown out from under the caulking. We were in and out the bath as quickly as we could. Soaking in the jacuzzi tub wasn’t an option.

The hall lights are on motion detector switches that only trip as you are walking toward the room. In the opposite direction, You are in the dark til you pass the light. The lack of attention to details, some important (mold), some not (light timing), made me concerned for what we might not be seeing. This makes me think someone is not watching over the entirety of the property and operation.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 396suzannep
Reviewed 5 October 2019

Stayed at Manganelli Palace Hotel for 1 night October 2019. The hotel is very conveniently located to the airport - it was a 25 euro cab ride, but I could have easily taken the metro as the stop is only a few blocks away.

The hotel is located off a palazzo adjacent to the key shopping and sightseeing area off Via Etnea. Walking along Via Etnea will bring you the main square of Piazza Del Duomo. There are lots of lovely cafes and stores selling reasonably priced, but very chic, Italian clothes. Not too many tacky souvenier shops.

The area immediately around Magnanelli Palace is a real neighborhood. You can see people hanging up their laundry to dry off their balconies. Checking on the profusion of potted plants on the balcony set out to soak up the Sicilian sunshine. This is an authentic Sicilian neighborhood. There are still some buildings with stucco peeling off the sides of the buildings. Some graffiti. It is not overly sanitized, which means you will be getting a true taste of Catanian life. The hotel is on the 4th floor above the street so I was not bothered by any street noise. But then again I wear earplugs. The air conditioner was a bit noisy.

The hotel staff are very friendly and efficient. Check-in was a breeze. The couple in front of me were asking for dining recommendations and the desk clerk was most accommodating for them. I personally didn't ask for any recommendations but have no doubt he would have been equally as forthcoming for me. There are many dining options in walking distance, so you will have no trouble finding anything from a rustic trattoria to fine dining in easy walking distance to the hotel. The room was very large by European standards. The bathroom small but efficient. Came with a bidet which is also standard. The bathroom amenities were small but usable. Plenty of hot water and the shower easy to figure out. There is a mini bar in the room - good for keeping leftovers in. They did charge me 1.50 Euro for the bottle of water I took, which was on the expensive side.

The aperitivo offered is a steal! For the cost of a glass of wine (I paid 14 Euro but there might have been cheaper alternatives) you get to eat off the aperitivo buffet for free - as much as you like. The food was delicious and a huge variety. A fresh avocado salad, caprese, sliced meats, salad, etc. Definitely enough variety to make a nice simple dinner. Breakfast was also delicious and plentiful and was included in the price of the room.

Check out was good.

Overall highly recommended.

Room tip: Great option for Catania
1  Thank Randi R