Reviews (1 951)
1 951 results
1 093
1 093
All reviews rooftop bar una hotel executive room roof restaurant via etnea mount etna sicilian breakfast the main street an upgrade central location reception staff per day top floor would highly recommend this hotel comfortable hotel excellent location arancini
20 - 25 of 1 951 reviews
Reviewed 14 August 2018

A nice old building in the heart of Catania with beautiful common areas, elegant stairs and a magnificent restaurant/bar on the top with view of the Etna volcano.
A large reception area and 2 breakfast rooms put the facilities of the hotel above average.
The room was large with a larger than average bathroom where there was a bath tub as well as a shower cubicle. Overall, a very nice hotel with very helpful staff and valet parking for a cost. Rita the duty manageress was extremely helpful and we would like to thank her.
I would revisit.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
UNAHotelPalace, Responsabile reception at Palace Catania | UNA Esperienze, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Panathinaikos-13,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.

We are so pleased to read your comments and delighted you had a pleasant and tasty stay with us, expecially enjoying our addtional Etnea Roof Breakfast with delicious sweet and savoury Sicilian delights, from a menu à la carte and served on the rooftop to experience too stunning city and Etna's views.

We wait with pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Marta Santomauro
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We stayed here for one night only. We immediately got a good feeling for the hotel. It's very central, the hotel looks great and modern, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was great and the room was excellent. The gym was small, but better than other hotel gyms I've come across. The roof terrace has a great view. Very good value while staying in Catania, in my opinion!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Tarjei,
thank you for providing us with your feedback, and for appreciating our hotel great location in the city centre and recognizing our staff for their service!
We hope to have the pleasant opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Warmest regards,

Marta Santomauro
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a calm and comfortable place for an apero and we found the etna roof on the seventh floor of the Una Palace Hotel, in via Etnea, the main street in Catania. We had firstly a glass of wine,then a fresh and delicious Aperol Spritz; eventually spaghetti with nero di seppia and sarde a beccafico. Coffee and delicious almond biscuits were offered by Peppone, always around and available for suggestion. It is an enjoyable and elegant place to have rest and enjoy a nice view of the city, good drink and food.
Like!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
UNAHotelPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Palace Catania | UNA Esperienze, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Marzia B,

We love hearing that our Etnea Roof exceeded your expectations! Thank you for acknowledging the lovely lunch experience you had up there and helpful service you received from our colleague. I know he will enjoy reading your glowing review. Please do not hesitate to let us know how we may of assistance when you return and why not, you stay too at UNA Hotel Palace.

Guest Palace

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in the middle of Via Etna,a major street in Catania.It is quiet and feels well established. Most of the staff are capable and friendly.The reception staff is very helpful.Our room was clean and the bed comfortable. BUT be aware that you will only get the bare minimum toiletries.I had to ask reception for body lotion and hair conditioner and she only offered it for one day. Use it sparingly. We used the car valet service but ended up waiting for 45 minutes for our car to be brought out.Also if you eat bacon,be aware that it is very undercooked at the buffet.
Most tours start at the piaza that is a 10 minute walk away.Good restaurants nearby.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mrs. Wendy b,

We apologize for the inconveniences experienced with our valet parking, whose waiting was exceptionally due to the summer festival market and parade in the downtown. Your concerns have been brought to the attention of our valet, housekeeping and breakfast departments. We appreciate the constructive feedback as it will assist us in our service to our guests.

We hope to have the pleasant opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Warmest regards,

Guest Relation

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Entered hotel Una from via etnea with an intent to have my last dinner in Cantania in the Una rooftop bar overlooking Cantania below and Mount Etnea ahead.The lobby was lovely and the very friendly receptionist invited me to check out the rooftop restaurant on 7th floor.I entered the restaurant and was told I could have a drink but not to eat until 8pm.I ordered a beer at 7 euro shocking price cos I had only paid 1 euro for the same beer half an hour before.Still I
I was in a 4star hotel and the views were fantastic.I decided I would find at the Una that night and asked for the menu.I asked the waiter what was black pasta he said he didn't know but it was good.I asked him about the sardines ,how were they served?,he replied he didn't know.! I asked about other items and the reply was either he didn't know or it was good.I got the impression that I was not the type of person or nationality he wanted in his restaurant because a few minutes later while I was finishing my 7euro beer an Italian girl arrived .She was promptly spoken to in a lovely manner was served her fruit juice which came with peanuts crisps olives and other free delights.Something I was not served with.So if you want to stay or dine in an Italian friendly only hotel/restaurant stay/dine at the Una hotel.Needless to say I did not dine there.

Trip type: Travelled solo
UNAHotelPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Palace Catania | UNA Esperienze, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Sir,
we would like to thank you for taking some of your precious time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor about our rooftop restaurant, allowing us to monitor its services quality and performance.

We have already taken note of your opinion and we are pleased that you pointed out those elements that you did not feel were up to its high standards. Then, we are sorry to have not your glowing report, as usually other guests’ feedback does, mainly appreciating our staff care of details and attentions and delicious Sicilian cuisine. Of course, we have already shared your comments with our F&B dept., and we ensure you that all prevent actions have been already taken to avoid too such a perception about service, because we have at heart to make all our guests coming from all over the world feel welcome and cared for.

Your comments have given us the opportunity to continue to improve and we apologize then for your described unusual circumstance in our panoramic Etnea Roof Bar & Restaurant, to which, however, a specific own profile is dedicated too on TripAdvisor. There you will find other feedbacks, mainly of them really positive, so that, you and other readers can realize how our estaurant is really appreciated, like our hotel, where, we invite you to come and we are sure that your expectations will be fully satisfied. We will be with pleasure at your disposal at anytime.

Very best regards,