Lowest prices for your stay
US$143
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/10/07
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$112
View deal
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
travelup.comUS$147
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2019 via mobile

Our travel advisor recommended this hotel in Catania Sicily. Beautiful, greeted by very friendly staff, professional and helpful. Beautiful ambiance. Hotel is situated on the west coast of Sicily with a beautiful view of the ocean. Rooms are clean, comfortable and large enough for two. Dinners are awesome and breakfast is delicious. Can highly recommend

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank wstmd
csupport, General Manager at Plaza Hotel Catania, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2019

Dear Guest.

Thank you very much for this positive feedback of your recent stay.

It is great to know you had a memorable experience and we appreciate your comments on the high-quality service you received, as compliments from our guests strengthen our resolve as a team to offer service excellence.
We are delighted your dining experiences exceeded your expectations and are grateful for your kind recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay in the future.

Kind regards,

Luca Trovato, General Manager

Reviewed 4 October 2019 via mobile

The Plaza Hotel is very clean and a pleasant place to stay. We had two different hotel rooms and the sea view room was far better. Slightly larger plus had a balcony where we could enjoy the breeze and view.
The food in the restaurant was fine but breakfast was not as good as I was hoping.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Dan_H_Wiltshire

Dear Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel.

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your overall stay and appreciated our high standards.

The majority of our rooms have a private terrace and sea view and we are delighted you were able to make the most of it. We are sorry to hear that our breakfast was not entirely to your liking and we love to know what we could do to improve your experience.

Nevertheless, we are glad your dining experience met your expectations.

We hope to be able to welcome you back on a future visit.

Kind regards,

Luca Trovato, General Manager

Reviewed 20 September 2019 via mobile

Looked with a nice view over the ocean, but a bit to far for walking distance into central Catania.

Reception where nice and welcoming.

Rooms are a bit small. Had a single room, but still.

Breakfast was good on the fourth floor. You could sit inside or outside.

I parked my car on the backside of the hotel and asked at check in to see if that was ok. They told it was not safe and that I should pay for parking in a garage. That made me feel unsafe in that area. Finding the garage in dark evening was hard. If I had rented a bigger car I would have had it even harder getting the car into a parking spot in the garage.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 172johanh
Luca T, Direttore generale at Plaza Hotel Catania, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2019

Dear Joahn,
thank you for having stayed at our hotel.
Here at the Plaza Hotel Catania we have different types of rooms. We have some smaller economy rooms in size, but we have as many larger and very panoramic rooms.
Our garage is located on the floor less 2, but it is very bright, so its note is not very clear.
We hope, however, to welcome you again.
Best regards

Reviewed 12 September 2019

This hotel was a total disappointment. Do not stay here unless you are looking for a 2-3 star hotel. I travel all over the world and stay at many hotels and this was DEFINITELY NOT a 4 star - I was so shocked that it had that rating and that it has a certificate of excellence?!?!
1. The rooms are dark and very outdated - the whole hotel is outdated, I felt like I was teleported to the 80s but in a bad way
2. My bathroom had someone else's hair on the floor and in the shower
3. The breakfast was horrible ....horr i ble!
4. To get into the parking lot is not clear and you have to get out of your car to push the button for someone to let you in
5. The location sucks, not close to the city centre, just in a random part of town
6. I had booked a room or one person and at checkout they accused me of having someone else in my room because there was another person's name on my reservation - not sure how this happened, but that definitely does not make me feel safe and secure!!!
7. They charge 5 euro for a bottle of local beer
8. The walls are so thin that I heard everyone that passed by

THIS IS NOT a 4-star hotel and I wish I knew that beforehand. People need to be honest with their reviews. I would never stay here again and would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone unless they are looking for a super-economy experience.

Room tip: Do not stay here if you are used to REAL 4-star hotels!!
2  Thank aleenkay

Dear guest,
We are sorry to learn that your experience in our hotel does not has been appreciated.
Hoping for a new opportunity to ospitalra here at the Plaza Hotel Catania.
I offer my most cordial greetings

Reviewed 11 September 2019

Plaza classifies as a 4 star hotel but it hits 5 stars all along the way.
Spacious rooms , excellent bathrooms with all amenities. The fourth floor is the dining room and outdoor terrace which provides excellent views across the bay and into Catania town. Breakfasts are very good indeed - with good choices for both continual and cooked items. You can even have a glass of prosecco to help the breakfast along - and the day itself.
Th staff here are superb - totally customer friendly and happy to assist with the loveliest of smiles.
The one drawback is the location which is not central for Catania old town but its easy to get a taxi, or the hotel shuttle - the matter can be easily pre-booked.
Tip - look across the road for a small building called Cuti where you will find a nice cocktail bar plus access to sun loungers and the sea. Discounted prices of E5 for Plaza guests.
A truly great hotel

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank BenYorkie

Dear Ben,
we are pleased to know that your experience at Plaza Hotel Catania was great and that you have appreciated.
Thank you for the time you dedicated us on writing a review.
Best Regards