“Incredible Surprise”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We looked under the recommendation of others here on Tripadvisor, and was definitely not disappointed. This modern, upscale establishment was more than what me, my wife and my sister in law were expecting. All dishes were perfectly portioned and cooked to perfection. The presentation was super modern and definitely pleasing to the eye. Enrich had made us all feel very welcome.

We had the fish appetizer to start, and man, was it killer! Perfectly portioned delishiousness, that was tasty with every bite. Paired it with a local wine that literally was one of the most tastiest wines I have ever tasted. For the main my wife, my son and I had the seafood fregola, and was to die for! Even my 3yr old son had finished his plate. My sister in law had the culurgiones with lamb and was so rich it melted in your mouth. To finish it off, we tried all the dessert on the menu, and have nothing but amazing things to say.

I would definitely come back and recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We found this restaurant by chance. Very friendly and competent service. The food was a modern twist on regional food. Good wines available. We really enjoyed our evening and left the establishment with a handshake from the owner, as if we were old friends. A touch more expensive than other places, but delightful.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Great with high quality food and service but a little expensive compared to the rest of the area. Would recommend to anyone visiting Olbia.

One of the few places in Sardinia we visited that could cook a "real" entrecote.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

I had lunch here 2 times during my stay in Olbia and it was up to my expectations.I had Culurgiones for starters with a Vermentino wine and the wine and food was very good. Then I had a steak with a Cannonau wine and the combination was amazing. The waiter was a pleasing young man who spoke English. Service and food were really good. You must make reservations for dinner especially on weekends, otherwise you will not get seated. This restaurant is very close to the railway station on the same street in the city center. On the whole ,a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We were on a trip with friends and on the night of our arrival we made the mistake to rely on tripadvisor ratings. First of all the waiting staff wasn't as friendly as you would think for an upper class restaurant (which they claim to be). I'm normally not the type of guy, who writes bad comments. I usually try to be constructive with my criticism. Nonetheless, the Restaurant didn't leave me any other choice, because I came here to see their responses to negative ratings. They really think, that their tripadvisor rating is a reflection of their restaurant and they treat users who comment negatively, as if they were children who were behaving wrong instead of trying to be understanding and to take into consideration their points.

Anyway, let's start with the things which were a disappointment:

- waiting staff - the restaurant wasn't fully booked but it took them way too long for anything. ordering some more water, ordering the bill or whatever...we spent more time in there waiting than eating. We also felt like we were some sort second class customers of their restaurant the way we were treated. You could tell by the views they gave us, or just by their reactions in general.
- the food - I can't complain about the taste of MY menu, but for sure about the size. I had the sea bass filet, which tasted good. But most of my friends chose the Shrimp Risotto which was awful (I tried it too). I'm sorry for my choice of words, but it was inedible. Also it arrived almost cold from the kitchen. The attempt to complain about the taste was rejected by saying "This is our way of cooking". When you order a Shrimp Risotto you'd expect Shrimps in it, wouldn't you? Well not at this restaurant...all we'd have gotten was two thin layers of probably pressed shrimp pieces, formed to a flat paperlike decoration. I'm not even sure it was Shrimp, maybe just some flavor and additives?!
- Prices - For the amount and quality of food that you get, the prices are definetly way too high. Also the prices for other things like beer is over the top compared to other restaurants in the area. I don't remember exactly, but i think we paid 6 euros for a 3 dl draft beer. you can normally get it for less than 3 euros in most restaurants. We checked the prices beforehead, sure. And we just said: It's only one week that we'll be here & on our first night out we shouldn't worry about the prices. If the money was worth it, I wouldnt complain about the prices, but it definetly wasn't worth it. There are hundreds of restaurants in Olbia with decent prices and friendly staff and most important: with good & original italian food. We had to go to another restaurant straight after to take care of our (still) hungry stomachs.

Again, I would've probably let you slip away with the things i complained about and would have given you a 3 star rating....until I saw how you treat negative comments! This is a No-Go & I'm looking more than forward to your reply to my comment. Do not underestimate the power of the internet.

Kind Regards, an unsatisfied customer.

1  Thank PatrickB7066
DolceacquaOlbia, Proprietario at Dolceacqua, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

"Power is nothing without control".