“Bravo, bravo, bravo!”

Ranked #1 of 1 378 Restaurants in Verona
Price range: US$57 - US$153
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Verona and in front of the wonderful cathedral of San Zeno, Giancarlo Perbellini presides over a remarkable new restaurant. This chef, the descendant of a dynasty of Veronese pastry chefs, has earned its longstanding international renown. His plates, his sense of aesthetic and his gift for exquisite combinations are a special tribute to the Italian cuisine.
Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

This is, in every respect, an outstanding restaurant. Dinner here is a real treat. The open kitchen enables direct engagement with the way the food is prepared. The tasting menu is a delight (though also a challenge to get to the end!). We were most impressed by the timing of each course. The staff were in complete control, though this did not result in an overly formal environment. We chose the wine pairings which were, on the whole, appropriate, though perhaps not always a match for the excellent cuisine, particularly given the price. For those who want a first class gastronomic experience in Verona, this is the place to come to!

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed 28 November 2018 via mobile

We were not able to get into Osteria Francescana in Modena, so we opted for this 2 Michelin star restaurant, Casa Perbellini...it happened to be our Thanksgiving meal.
My husband and I were a little taken back at first because we were seated near the entry and shown a table without a table cloth, however we quickly watched as our servers set the table and presented a place to rest my purse. This is not your typical stuffy high end dining experience...I loved that the young servers were dressed in blue jeans, sneakers and blue blazers. Loved the look. Guests dressed in casual chic and men wore jackets. Unbeknownst to us the very handsome chef oversaw all aspects of his operation. The kitchen is totally open and the dining room is well lit with about 9 tables in 3 small rooms. So enough about the decor...yes, it left a positive impression.

On to the feast. We decided on the tasting menu with paired wines. I have to agree with the previous posts that the amuse buche was a bit over the top...a few too many, as was the desert. Way too much desert. I couldn’t even taste it because I had reached capacity. They were beautifully presented and my husband said the chocolate cake was to die for.

The main courses consisted of small elegant portions of fish, followed by various meats. I couldn’t believe the gnocchi was made of cauliflower and flour; so delicate and light...a favorite. The wine pairings were perfect and just enough. Presentation, portions and flavor were perfection. The chef made his way around the room and stopped by each table to introduce himself...nice touch. The staff is professional, knowledgeable and hip. Loved the whole experience.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank browneydlady
Reviewed 12 November 2018

Quick Background: Summer (July), somewhat easy to get a reservation online, secluded in a quiet neighborhood, about $200 per person, Mom & Son trip to Italy

It was my 10th? Michelin Restaruant that I've been to and I've been to several in NYC, Washington DC, LA, Germany, Paris, etc.... and this was unlike any other as well as kept a lot of the traditional methods of cooking. I must say, Casa Perbellini's method in cooking Italian dishes is NOT the traditional method. Everything from their rare flower decorated meats, to salted pork with crispy skin, and angel hair pasta, everything was greatly balanced. Super light, delicate to the palate and just wonderful food experience. However, just because it's not traditional doesn't mean it's bad. The food used French culinary methods in decorating the dishes as well as other cultural influences to elevate the classic Italian dishes MORE ELEGANT. Some places will focus heavily on the pasta, cheese, and a specific specialty, but Casa Perbellini was just refined in the palate and wonderful evening and special place to go and try.

However, SOME OF THE BEST WINE I HAVE EVERY HAD!!!!!!!! FROM EVERY REGION IN THE WORLD.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank NamFoodie4Lyfe
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

And more importantly my parents were over the moon (we celebrated my mothers 80 bd)
They are not too found of snobbish places but this was really not-We were taken care of from the first minute to the last and to me the service was perfect!
The food was to die for and I cannot think of any reason not to visit this fantastic place (apart from the cost of course) that said these kind of restaurant do not serve food it more works of art
If you have the means dont hesitate-this is a true gem

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Our experience in this establishment did not start in the best possible way. We had booked the first evening slot and arrived 15 minutes early. We were asked to wait outside where they were happy to take some drink orders. The selection of drinks was very poor while the table light they gave us didn’t seem to work. We therefore started this experience in the dark quite literally. Once we moved into the restaurant the surroundings were rather pleasant. We opted for the tasting menu and pairing wines. We were initially offered quite a few amuse Bouche and in all fairness were rather underwhelming in quality and overwhelming in quantity. The seabass tartare, spaghetti salad and red mullet where enjoyable but not of a 2 star level. Unfortunately though it all went downhill from here. The lobster milk plate did not deliver where as the quail dish was in fact quite tasteless and very unimpressive. The rigatoni dish was awful. We were shocked to eat such a dish in a restaurant of this calibre. The 4 rigatoni were supermarket level, the sauce could have been from a can, the fried shrimp and squid was unpleasant and did not even go well with the rest of the dish that included the pecorino cheese (which was in fact the only bit which was rather pleasant). The deserts were plenty but uninspiring. We have to make a special mention of the very bad wine pairing selections. Firstly, in this level of restaurant it is nice to be offered separate wines for each dish rather than one wine for two consecutive dishes. If these were exceptional though I probably wouldn’t have minded. Overall quality of the wines were substandard and the pairings in my humble opinion were not great. Overall we were very disappointed and I feel that this restaurant is definitely not value for money.

Date of visit: September 2018