“Great delicious pizza”

Price range: US$18 - US$37
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pizza, fish, typical dishes: in short, a bit of everything to satisfy the different tastes and desires of the moment. The Pizzeria Restaurant Venezia based in Verona since 1980, welcomes its guests in a pleasant atmosphere. Not far from the university, this local is apt to eat a pizza between a lessons and the other, for a fun evening with family, friends, but also for a romantic dinner by candlelight. In addition to pizza, in this place you can taste typical national dishes like, for example, the appetizer of eggplant au gratin with Spicy Salami and Toasted Bread that is the real highlight of the home, the seafood spaghetti, the fried seafood, and the baked sea bass with potatoes. At lunch from Tuesday to Friday you can also take advantage of the takeout service.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It's worthy to walk 20 minutes from the center to taste authentic delicious Italian pizza. Will go there next time, when we will be in Verona.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This lovely little place is very close to where we stayed, and is run by a husband and wife team, who do excellent authentic Italian food. It has super atmosphere, and the food is excellent and reasonably priced. There is house wine which is very good, and wine by the bottle, as well as some amazing liqueurs. The desserts - yum!!!!
We would go there again tonight, but they are closed Monday. Great place!

1  Thank Adrienne D
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

This was seriously the best pizza I have had in all of Italy, and I have been eating pizza nearly daily here for 3 weeks. I was about to go to the #1 or #2 TripAdvisor pizza place in Verona, but then I found this place with almost all their glowing reviews written in Italian, so I decided to try it out. There is a reason all the reviews are in Italian - this is a place the locals go and I never saw another tourist there. The food was so incredible that after trying it my first night in Verona I came back every single night I was here. My last night I had already eaten a pasta dinner in Mantova, and when I got back to Verona I just had to get one last pizza (and tiramisu) at Pizzeria Venezia before leaving.

The place is run by a husband and wife who don't speak English, and they have been running the place since 1980 (nearly 40 years!). They are the only employees in the whole restaurant, and he makes the pizza while she takes your order - this is a real family run place! I normally don't eat eggplant, but it is their specialty and all the locals recommend it, so I decided to try their special eggplant and salami pizza...it was the best I have ever had! I even came back to order it again. On my last night I had a calzone (calzoni rustica, with eggplant), which was also delicious, but go for the pizza on your first night and calzone on your second. ALSO, the tiramisu was the best dessert I have had in Italy (been ordering tiramisu regularly too, including at fancier $200/meal restaurants), and I came back to order it twice. Highly recommend.

The hospitality was also fantastic. On my last night there we communicated in my English/their Italian, the owner took a drink of liquor with me (on the house), and took me around the place to see the pictures/posters of his daughter on the walls - she is an Italian opera singer.

Summary - if you like pizza and an amazing experience, don't miss this restaurant in Verona. It is the only place in Italy that has been so good that I visited more than once.

1  Thank Collin K
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Extremely delicious pizza! Lovely restaurant close to the city centre. Run by a lovely and welcoming couple. Authentic atmosphere and one of the most delicious pizzas we ever had (speciality of the house is pizza with eggplant (italian: melanzane)). We ate there 4 times in 5 days ;)

1  Thank Simon A
Reviewed 21 July 2016

A simple, traditional restaurante outside the city centre and close to the residential Venezia accommodation. This place was recommended by my Italian friend who lives nearby and did not disappoint.

The menu is not extensive, what they do here is a limited menu but each dish is prepared with love and care and excellent quality ingredients. They do offer a wider range of pizzas but the restaurant specialises in dished and pizzas containing aubergines (eggplants to our USA friends). I am not a huge fan of aubergine but I have to say that the speciale pizza we tried (aubergine, mozzarella, spicy pepperoni) was absolutely delicious, even if it sounds like an unusual combination it is definitely worth trying. We also tried other pizzas and some pasta, all of it was delicious, good quality and value for money. There are plenty of options if you hate aubergine so don't be put off!

The couple that run the restaurant have had it for 30 years and are very warm and charming. They do speak a little English too and are happy to try to explain the dishes. They are also the proud parents of one of Verona's best opera singers, so if you are lucky you might see her perform in the arena in the summer opera festival or see her at the restaurant. In any case there are plenty of photos in the restaurant and nice stories to hear about her from her parents.

I highly recommend this restaurant for a simple, tasty and cosy dinner.

1  Thank Laura B