Google
2 730
3 229
3 601
1 494
All reviews good luck romeo and juliet famous balcony juliet's statue letter romantics romance movie yard legend
Selected filters
78 - 83 of 11 917 reviews
Reviewed 22 October 2019 via mobile

The balcony/courtyard is a relatively small space but cut nonetheless. If you’re a literary or Shakespeare fam, you can’t miss out on this. Because I’m very family with the story of R & J as well as Shakespeare, I didn’t visit the museum, but loved the balcony area.

1  Thank Mira G
Reviewed 21 October 2019 via mobile

Nice to include in a trip to Verona . Simple layout of items inside but enough to be of interest . Good to help immerse yourself in Verona’s vibe . A picture on the balcony is a must .

1  Thank linz16english
Reviewed 21 October 2019

takes only a few minutes. My least favorite of the attractions in Verona. Most touristy aspect in the city.

Date of experience: September 2019
2  Thank RUSSELLG204
Reviewed 19 October 2019 via mobile

Lines to stand to get in and out like cattle to see something that never really existed....

Tourists drew all over the entry walls, stuck their gum on the walls, grab breasts on statue of Juiliet, behaving like trash.

Not Verona's fault, but the tourists. Enjoy the rest of the beautiful city. Skip this accident of mass tourism.

3  Thank MikionVacation
Reviewed 18 October 2019

The important thing to keep in mind when coming to visit Casa di Giulietta is that it isn't actually Juliet's balcony and it doesn't actually have any real connection to Romeo and Juliet, since the story is fiction. I kept this in mind during my visit to Verona and because of that, I found the visit to Casa di Giulietta more enjoyable than most. I went to visit it for the fantasy it exudes and the sentimentality it holds for so many people who come to see it each day. Fiction aside, the balcony is still very pretty and the home is still very interesting to walk through and see, said to have been built in the 13th century. The courtyard was extremely crowded during my visit, which was a little frustrating, but expected. I read reviews before going and knew it would be a huge tourist area. I was pleasantly surprised to find the balcony itself was easily accessible, however. I prepared myself for a line to walk out onto the balcony but there was almost no one in the house, so I was able to walk right out onto it and look out over the crowded courtyard. Maybe I was lucky and happened to catch the balcony at a lull in tourists, but it was a nice surprise. As a whole, it isn't really anything particularly special, historically or otherwise, but it is still a fun place to visit. Just don't go in expecting anything fantastical and you might find it a more enjoyable stop on your itinerary.

1  Thank Melissa G