Hotel Siena
Hotel Giberti(Verona)
Sanmicheli(Verona)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel Des Arts(Verona)
Hotel Trieste(Verona)
Hotel Verona(Verona)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationprocessed cheesepiazza bratravelled by trainroom overlooked the streetinclusive breakfastroom was clean and comfortablestaff was very friendly and helpfulten minute walkwould definitely stay here againfriendly hotelhotel staffstayed here for three nightshire carshort staypleasant staymain road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights and were disappointed overall. The location requires a fair amount of walking, the room was smallish, some peeling wallpaper, the toilet kept running after flushing, the thermostat didn't work right and kept heating the room no matter what temperature you set it at and I hated the bathroom folding door which made so much noise that my wife woke me up a couple times per night. My final and perhaps biggest beef was unlike all the other hotels we have stayed at, they would not allow me to take breakfast food and coffee up to my wife. This resulted in spending money for breakfast outside the hotel. The room and hotel were clean and the staff were otherwise good and helpful.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barry N
hotelsiena-verona, Proprietario at Hotel Siena, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear Barry N,
thank you for your feedback.
I would like add some points to your words: you booked the cheapest room of the hotel - basic standard and low price. It's the "no frills" solution for easy traveler. It's a basic solution adapt for short stay as reported in our website, where you booked.
We offer always true photos and real description to make clarity about every room.
Sorry, but you can't pay less and pretend more.
Regarding the flush toilet, I think it was a temporary problem when a person push the botton too hard. The housekeeper didn't find any problem and you never said us about that.
For breakfast, I clarify again that hotel Siena is a budget hotel ** and we can't offer breakfast service in the room - and breakfast room has a timetable, it cannot be open all the time. In other superior hotel, this service is present and it's a charged benefit.
Sometimes it's better to make a reflection if a hotel could satisfy our needs. In the internet age it's easy find information before the reservation. Your words about us are very severe, but at the end you gave us a medium rating: probably you made this reflection and you are conscious what you paid.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

I stayed in this hotel for five nights (three with my girlfriend and two alone, because I had to stay longer for work reasons) and it was quite a pleasant stay. The room was nice and comfortable, with a good-sized room, heating (which was quite needed since it was -4ºC outside) and a comfortable bed. The pillows were a bit to thin and rigid, but there was a spare one in the wardrobe that did the trick.

Location is good: it is about halfway between the train/bus station and the historical center: about 10 minutes to the Arena.

The staff was nice enough, they helped us when we needed it and were in general helpful. One thing that was a bit annoying is that when my girlfriend left, they made me pack and leave my luggage downstais, because they said that I was going to be moved to a different room. When I got back at night, they said that finally I was going to stay in the same room as the night before. Why make me pack and unpack then?

Our reservation didn't include breakfast, so I cannot comment on that. My impression from watching from outside the dining room is that the 9€ they ask per person are a bit too much: in a cafeteria in the same street we had two cappucinos, two orange juices and two croisants for those same 9€!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
hotelsiena-verona, Proprietario at Hotel Siena, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Santi P,
thank you for your review: we are happy that your stay was pleasant.
Regarding your moving from a room to another room: you made two different reservation for two different rooms. A double room, a then after 2 days, a single economy room.
At the last minute, we found the way (making some changes of availability) to left you in same double room, at the same price. We would give you a favor as a nice touch. We are sad that you didn't understand. It was a free upgrade.
Regarding the cost of breakfast, hotel Siena offers a complete continental buffet, more than a cappuccino and a croissant. For this reason, the price is obviously higher.
I remind you that there is always a rate with breakfast included with lower price.
Thank you anyway for you feedback.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

A bit from the heart of the city, but still within walking distance, hotel rooms was fine, nothing special with the rooms, fine overall experience with the rooms, price was mid-ranged for it when I went, and probably spot on for what it is.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
hotelsiena-verona, Proprietario at Hotel Siena, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Christoffer87,
thank you for your opinion.
Hotel Siena is located in the city centre between Arena and Train Station: 10 minutes walking distance. We are sorry if you found a lack in our location, because it's always appreciated and marked as a special advantage.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Finally I found some time to write a review. Great Hotel, good service and just couple of minutes away from the city center (assuming Arena di Verona is the center). Pretty easy to find either by using an offline map or asking locals for directions. Friendly and helpful staff.
The only problem - some rooms are a little noisy.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
hotelsiena-verona, Proprietario at Hotel Siena, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Ivan d,
thank you so much for spending time to write this good feedback. We are absolutely glad that you enjoyed our hotel and you found it "lovely".
We hope to see you again. Best regards, Gisella - owner

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Hotel very clean. Friendly helpful staff. Double room with en suite was ideal for us. (Price didn’t include breakfast.) The parking situation was a bit of a nightmare. Hire car to big for the hotels garage. Parked in local car park which cost €17.00 for 24 hours. Location fantastic, very close to all tourist destinations, restaurants and shops. Would definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
hotelsiena-verona, Proprietario at Hotel Siena, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Coleanne15,
thank you so much for this lovely feedback.
I confirm that try to park a big car in a Italian city centre is not a joke. Fortunately, there are 2 big parking house in Verona centre. They are ideal to leave the car there and enjoy the downtown on foot. All is closed and easy to reach.
We hope to see you again. Best regards, Gisella - owner