“Classy yet fairly priced and tasty food!”
Review of Amo Bistrot

Amo Bistrot
Reserve with
Amo Bistrot is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1 379 Restaurants in Verona
Price range: US$28 - US$40
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amo Bistrot is a lovely little restaurant in the heart of Verona hidden in one of the back streets near the centre. We spent Valentine’s here and I wasn’t sure whether it would be the fancy atmosphere I was looking for but it was lovely and made very special by the friendly and helpful stafff. The octopus skewers were to die for!! The tomahawk steak was also lovely although we didn’t realise the size of this €48 steak as it is not very clear on the menu with pricing written at “4 /hg” which we didn’t understand despite not being able to finish the feast the food and the atmosphere was lovely!!!

Date of visit: February 2019
2  Thank graceradley

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Enjoyed excellent Sunday brunch here. Service was very friendly and food was tasty and very much to choise.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 27 December 2018 via mobile

I can't speak to their regular menu, all five courses in their special Christmas menu were delicious. The service was prompt and helpful, explaining each course and finding us some needed information the kitchen. I would definitely return and try their normal menu.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank the_family_man88
Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

We were very happy to find this restaurant had reopened under new management.
The menu was full of interesting variations on traditional northern Italian food.
The Pasta e Fagoli was smooth and thick with fat egg noodles. The ribs slow cooked in a sweet/savory glaze and served with a dipping sauce I still can't name but was a great compliment.
The best part was an amazing Creme caramel made with panatonne cake, hazelnuts and white chocolate.

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank 271viviennef
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

In short: amazing taste, gluten-free friendly, welcoming, value for money, in the heart of Verona! 100% recommended.

Here's the whole story: I found this place on Google, as I was really willing to impress my colleagues from outside Verona. Also, since my partner is coeliac I always check the restaurant has a decent gluten-free offer.
I was charmed by the menu on the website, and so were my colleagues. Over the phone when I booked a table for 10 the owner was delightful, friendly, and very attentive to the needs of my coeliac partner.
When we walked in, we found a fascinating atmosphere, a perfect balance between vintage allure and creativity. The staff was warm and attentive. We were served delicious appetizers while browsing the menu.
The service was perfect in terms of timing and friendliness.
And the food was absolutely great!!! Starters, first courses, mains and dessert alike. The wine was also a very good match with the food.
Everything we ate reflected the spirit of the place, healthy, tasty and creative both in presentation and ingredient combination. The prices are reasonably affordable, even more when thinking of the quality of the food and of the service.
I also had the chance to speak to the owner, a young man with ambition and a real concept in his mind.
Totally recommended!