“Living at home in Dorsoduro”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Ca Terese

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Jonathan...
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Living at home in Dorsoduro”
Reviewed 29 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

My wife and I realised a long-held ambition to rent an apartment in Venice - the plan was three months but we could 'only' manage 3 weeks in the end. Ca Terese did not disappoint, providing a great base to explore Venice. In a university area, with local restaurants and shops, we felt quite at home. The apartment was spacious and allowed us to accommodate friends who came to stay for a few days. Furnished almost exclusively from IKEA, the apartment had everything we needed. Marika was very helpful in sorting out some very minor glitches (which didn't affect our enjoyment). We bonded with the neighbours over the municipal rubbish collections....(-:

Situated opposite the church that features in the famous film 'Don't Look Now', and served by two vaparetto stops (San Basilio and Santa Marta), it was very easy to get around. Stroll along the nearby Zattere, turn left at the Gesuati, and your're right beside the Accademia. Explore the calle up to San Barnaba and have a snack at Ca Rezzonico, right beside the Canal Grande. Dine in Panee Vino e San Daniele in the nearby Campo dell'Angelo Raffaele (this one, not the 'rival' with the same name near San Barnaba) for really excellent food and a warm welcome, or choose Codroma on the Fondamenta Briati for a lively, friendly experience, again with excellent food. And look out for the many free classical music concerts (or lower priced ones).

The apartment was comfortable, provided everything we needed, and was a great base to use to explore Venice ! And since we didn't do everything we wanted to do, we may well be back !

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Having our own space
Liked least: Three flights of stairs !
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
2 Nov 2016
Hello Jonathan,

Thank you very much for your positive and detailed feedback! It was a pleasure hosting you and your wife!
I really hope you will choose again Ca Terese, when you come back to finish your Venice tour.
Marika
Elena B
Bologna, Italy
“Very good experience”
Reviewed 30 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed in this apartment in July this year. Overall a very good experience, no complaints! Easy access to everything, and most importantly: clean. On one occasion, when we turned on the TV, we were unable to see some of the channels which were there two days before, and we could not fix it on our own. We contacted Marika (the lady who runs the apartment), and straight away, she gave us instructions on whatsapp to fix the problem, so that was easily solved. Thanks Marika!
I must say that we prefer cooking at home - with two children, and my husband being a fussy eater. I was a bit worried that he wouldn't be happy in this touristic city. Reading the trip advisor reviews left by other guests, I had selected this apartment based (among other things) on easy access to a supermarket. There is a fairly big grocery store 5 minutes from the apartment, where you can buy anything you need, reasonably priced. The landlord also provided a trolley to carry shopping bags, extremely useful to carry all our stuff back, and over bridges (2 or 3, I think). Don't forget it!
The city is amazing, definitely worth a visit - at least once in a lifetime! Not sure I will come back (too many things to see in this world), but if I do, I will stay in this apartment again.

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Oscarpav
“Italian Delight”
Reviewed 5 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Just returned today from a wonderful trip to Italy: Rome, Florence, and to top up my list, Venice. Our choice of a self-catering apartment was great. Have to admit we got a bit scared when we started going up the stairs which were Venetian style – a bit old. However, the apartment was modern and extra clean compared to our experiences in Rome and Florence. We knew from the descriptions that it was fully equipped, but were also happy to find little extras: board games, city guides and books, which were a nice touch. We were told there are only two stops from the apartment to San Marco on the Vaporetto, however, we chose to walk (about 15/20 minutes), and it was a really nice walk. I would recommend to save the vaporetto fare and enjoy the walk!

Travel F
Milan, Italy
“Wonderful Venice”
Reviewed 5 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

I was looking for an apartment in Venice to spend my vacation with my family. I did extensive research on Trip Advisor and chose this place based on the reviews. What I can say is that I could not have been happier with the choice I made. The apartment is located in a quiet zone. At night we slept like babies after a day spent in tourist crowds. July is one of the hottest months and the apartment is equipped with A/C plus fans. It was nice to enter the apartment and find a cooler atmosphere. There is a supermarket nearby, which is a blessing for a long stay, as eating out a lot gets pricey. It seems that many Venetians live in this area as prices of the products were lower than in the center. We cooked at home quite a few times, and the kitchen is small but practical. Remember to buy soap for the washing machine as this is not provided. A big plus is that the location is very well connected to all major sites. San Marco square is located just two stops from Zattere Pier. It is also close to Piazzale Roma and the ferry. You must visit the church opposite the apartment, it is quite simple on the outside, but beautiful inside. It seems to be the oldest church in Venice. Venice is a beautiful city and Marika and Anna, the ladies who run the apartment were always willing to suggest the best sites and restaurants. They made our stay so much easier and more pleasant. We will be back as soon as we can.

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
29nate690
London, United Kingdom
“Stop looking now - book this!”
Reviewed 17 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

This is a beautiful, spacious, excellently located apartment. Book it now, you won't be disappointed. 2 bedrooms, good size kitchen. AC in the living room + fans in the bedrooms, nice bathroom. An 8 minute walk from the vaporetto wich gives great access to a number of the top attractions. There are shops down he street so food items are close by. Good restaurants and bars nearby. I could not fault this place. Book it, you won't be disappointed

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Avec mon époux(se) / partenaire
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing