“An amazing staff makes good food even better”

Sagra Rooftop Restaurant
Reserve with
Sagra Rooftop Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #292 of 1 599 Restaurants in Venice
Description: It’s a treat, it’s pure euphoria. The Sagra restaurant on the 4th floor of the Hotel offers the most spectacular view of the park and the lagoon. At the centre of the gastronomic experience lie the riches of Italian cuisine, with an emphasis on the flavours of the Veneto, but without forgetting the unique delights of the other regions. In a decor of shades of blue inspired by the sky and the sea, the restaurant, with a show kitchen and marvellous terrace looking onto the park, is the perfect setting for a light lunch or a romantic dinner.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My wife and I celebrated our honeymoon at the property and were blown away with the romantic setting, the amazing rooms and the incredible property. But what really stood out to us was the quality of the amazing staff. Prime example: Teo at Sagra. A kind, thoughtful staffer who engaged with us on so many different topics, offering honest advice about Venice and the property. He made our stay feel even more special.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We are staying at the JW Marriott here on the island and had dinner at Sagra last night. The view is absolutely stunning and our server, Stefan, was so attentive throughout the night. Our kids even commented on his outstanding service and told us how friendly and good at his job he was. The food was great and the dessert was delicious, especially the strawberry mille feuille with chantilly cream. It was a special evening that we won’t forget.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Sagra is located on the Rooftop of the J.W. Marriott on an island that is about a 25 minute boat ride from the center of Venice. They provide a free shuttle which runs both ways, twice per hour. On the day we visited the weather was perfect and the experience of sitting atop the restaurant and looking out over the lagoon to Venice was magical.
The staff could not have been more friendly and service oriented. The bartender in the main lobby taught me how to make a Venetian Spritzer and Danilo, our waiter at Sagra was absolutely fantastic. In fact, everyone we came in contact with at the hotel and the restaurant were exceptional. I credit management for the job they have done in selecting and training their staff. On to the food. My wife and I started with salads, spinach for her and Caprese for me. Both were over the top good. My wife asked to have chicken breast added to her salad, no problem. And the chicken breast was moist, tender and delicious. Then came the main courses which were a bit of a disappointment. I had the MACCHERONCINI ALLA NORMA which was not all that good. Not bad mind you, but nothing memorable. My wife had the TROFIE AL PESTO which was a bit bland and lacking in character. The menu was limited as it was lunchtime, but they could still have done better, from our point of view. That said, the weather, the view, the ambiance and vibe, when coupled with world class service, made this an exceptional and memorable experience. My advice is check the weather report, don't set your sights to high on the food and head to this place for a nice break from the hustle and bustle of Venice.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

You could not ask for a more beautiful setting. They serve fresh bread with delicous oils. My dessert was spectacular and was plated beautifully

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Delicious food and beautiful setting. Thanks to Cristian and
Bogdan for the outstanding service and food recommendations!