“Search out and dine here-over an old bridge”
Review of Bistrot de Venise

Bistrot de Venise
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Bistrot de Venise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 1 600 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$86 - US$184
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Description: Bistrot de Venise first opened in 1993 and has since become a hangout and meeting place where the figurative arts, poetry and culture combine, simply, with Food and Wine....1999 saw the start of our research into Rare Wines and Historical Venetian Cuisine, strengthening our concept of applying culture to local and regional Gastronomy and Wine. ...our hard work still continues today... Gastronomy & Wine…extensive research on the history of venetian Cuisine and Wines, from its noble origins to the present time. The Historic & Renaissance Venetian Cuisine revised and suggested by our Chef Mario Missese and his young team. Our House, unique in town, offer a gastronomic trip back to the past glories of Venice following its history & tradition. ”Award winning” wine list, for the quality and variety of the selected rare wines from the Veneto Region and the North-East of Italy. Professional wine tasting (free) all year round. "..exciting Wine List" .. (see Michelin Guide 2012) specialized in the research of many Rare Wines, a truly unique selection purchased directly from small producers with the help of Istituto Sperimentale di Viticoltura di Conegliano. More than 60 options by the glass and a wide selection of the most prestigious italian vineyards. Prized Wine List by Italian Sommelier Association for best 15 in the Veneto Region at Vinitaly 2010.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This is one of those places upon which you are not very likely to stumble. I read about it on trip advisor so I though we would try it and I am very glad we did. It is one of the oldest buildings in Venice; I believe they said it was a post office-certainly not the kind we have today; now obviously converted to a restaurant. It is very small and romantic; the service is excellent as well as the food. Some of the recipes are from the 14th century. How can it not be good with a recipe that has survived the test of time!

Spend a little extra time looking at the artwork.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 179)

80 - 84 of 3 179 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I picked this place on a whim. I wanted a nice dinner for our last night in Venice, and I liked the idea of trying some historic Venetian meals. I am SO SO GLAD I DID.

This was probably the best meal I've ever had. I think I actually teared up a little bit. I had the goose lasagna, and my husband had the cuddle fish spaghetti (warning: it will dye your mouth black.) We split a salmon starter and a beef entree. We were given some appetizers complimentary, which was nice because it meant that I tried something I never would have picked myself: anchovies. We both ordered our own desserts, which were also amazing.

This restaurant is pricey, I will warn you of that. However, it was absolutely worth every euro. I will absolutely be going back when I return to Venice. The service was exceptional, the ambiance was beautiful, and the food was simply amazing. If you have the chance to stop, absolutely do so--but you will need reservations! I don't think I saw one single table without a reserved sign!! I actually recommended this to a friend who was going about a month after me, and they also loved it!

6  Thank Alexandra C
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Went to this restaurant on my birthday. Ordered spaghetti and a fish. The spaghetti with prawns prepared carbonara styke was outstanding... the fish had a grape sauce. Need to say that the spaghetti and the appetizers were the highlight of the night. Of course Walter made sure that we were very well taken care off. Worth every euro..

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Very delicate and flavorsome food...excellent service from Walter...made the evening exceptional for us.

The food is cooked perfectly, recommendations were spot on and served with the right time between courses...

Nothing to fault this exceptional place.

Book in advance to avoid disappointment.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We visited this restaurant based on recommendations from our friend. We made our reservation with the help of our Concierge at Palazzo Bauer and took a nice stroll to the restaurant.

We were promptly seated in the quiet outdoor seating area even though we went in from what appeared to be the back door (oops)! The restaurant offers both classic Venetian and modern Venetian cuisines and we were curious to try both. We opted for the "Full Italian" experience with appetizer, first and second courses plus dessert. The head waiter made excellent wine pairing suggestions to go with the rather interesting classic Venetian dishes. The serving sizes, as a few reviewers noted, are a bit on the small side, but we did not mind one bit as it allows for more room in our stomach to explore many different dishes.

We had a great evening at this restaurant. The food and the service are both top notch and are Michelin star worthy in our opinion. Highly recommended!

2  Thank Tim C
Sergio F, La Direzione at Bistrot de Venise, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your extremely kind comments and for taking the time to review your dining experience at Bistrot de Venise, which we are delighted that you enjoyed. We pride ourselves on our delectable food and excellent service, so it is always a joy for the team to receive such positive feedback.
As defender of the Classic and Modern Venetian cuisine, our style honours the sea and the lagoon; each dish contains only natural and mostly locally sourced raw products, ensuring for a true Venetian essence at the heart of each course. We are delighted to have the pleasure of sharing your compliments with Chef Businaro, and his team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Warm regards