“DO NOT use KiPoint service!!!”

Santa Lucia Stazione
Book In Advance
More Info
US$138,83*
and up
Independent Florence Day Trip from Venice by...
Ranked #101 of 800 things to do in Venice
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Please DO NOT use KiPoint service for your luggage since they will destroy them and not even bother themselves to listen to you...

I dropped my hand luggage off which was in perfect conditions (I bought it a couple of days before).
When I returned and got my hand luggage back it was destroyed....the locker was smashed!!!
I immediately asked for explanation and suddenly all representatives disappeared...then the one who took my hand luggage during dropping-off showed up, looked at it and said: "it can happen..." no this CANNOT happen...I asked for their T&c and he said it did not exist...absolutely no willingness to deal with my complaint but the most shocked thing was him saying that 'those things happen" and they are aware, but don't care..

I then emailed their company but of course got no reply....WHAT A SURPRISE...

Do a favor to yourself...stay AWAY from this company unless you want your bags to be destroyed......

All reviews
"valuable information"
"high tourist season"
"public toilets"

Reviewed 19 June 2018

This station is so inundated with travelers that I cannot stress enough how important it is to watch your pockets and all of your belongings! It is an extremely stressful experience to be herded like cattle through the water taxi station. If I were going to do this over again I would book a private taxi and NEVER take public transportation. Avoid the stress and get a taxi that will take you where you want to go. The pick-pocketers dress like tourists and sometimes even have children. I watched a lady get taken advantage of right in front of me- needless to say do not take public water taxi if you can help it.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Catching the train from the Port there is a very large bridge with lots of steps to carry your 20+kg case over. There are some enterprising young men who offer to carry it for you for a fee. If you come in from the other direction there is still a bridge to negotiate with not as many steps.
There are also steps up to the station if you come in by ferry. I don,t know how all this works with a wheelchair or pram.
Some of the older bridges in Venice now have ramped sections and I believe they need to do the same with this bridge, which by the way is fairly new.

I do have a positive review which you didn't have a category for. On the right of the station there is a small shop attached to the church that offers luggage storage for the day. 5eu for small cases and 8eu for large.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Easy to navigate and direct canal access! After exiting from the train station, it's exciting to see the great water city of Venice! Love this train station with direct view of water from the front plaza. Right outside of train station is also water taxi access to go direct to tourist sites. Can't beat the convenience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Located at the northern edge of the island, this station connects Venice with the rest of Italy. The station itself is rather unassuming, not ostentatious as others in Italy; the large main hall houses; a biglietto facility, shops, luggage storage and restaurants. We utilized this station twice daily during our stay here. We stayed in Mestre and it was only a 10-minute trip to Santa Lucia. As you exit the train station, your first view is the wide area of Fondamenta Santa Lucia, along with Vaporetto stops and the Ponte degli Scalzi and across the Grand Canal is the patinaed dome of San Simeon Piccolo. All in all a sensory overload moment for your first visit to Venice. Once you catch your breath, go exploring.