“Tour of Carneggio”

Venice Free Walking Tour
Ranked #11 of 215 Tours in Venice
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Venice Free Walking Tour is organized by professional tour guides and tour leaders. Every tour is both fun and educational, the perfect introduction to the city and its thousands of years of history.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant tour made by the amazing Anna. Her passion, enthusiasm and knowledge made this a memorable morning . Highly recommend and guide flexible for children needing to stop for toilet breaks

Write a ReviewReviews (7 152)
All reviews
"information"
in 496 reviews

1 070 - 1 074 of 7 152 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed the tour- only made it through about 1 1/2 hours due to restless teenagers but our guide (Ricardo) was very understanding. Would recommend to others looking for a tour off the beaten path.

bellotranzi, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Venice Free Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Jennie,

thank you very much for you review. After reading it I was definitely surprised about what you wrote about the duration of the tour, so I checked my communications with the office and I think I have to disagree with what you wrote about that.

You were a group of 8 friends and 4 of you left the group after the third stop at 4:55pm, so we were at the beginning of the tour. I immediately contacted the office to communicate that 4 of you left earlier.

Since the tour started at 4pm and you friends left at 4:55pm it's impossible that the tour lasted just 1,5h, in fact the tour ended at 6:30pm as usual (also because it's impossible to complete that tour in a shorter time).

Thanking you again for your nice comments I would really like you to reconsider your opinion about the duration and to change it because I have never done a tour shorter than 2,5h before and I don't want to you to feel penalized compared to my other guests.

My best

Riccardo

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Simona was a great guide, we found out a lot of interesting facts about Venice while wandering the streets. Unfortunately, it rained the whole time but this didn't stop us.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We did the tour with Ricardo and it was one of the best tours I’ve made in my life. In some moments we felt like we were in a classroom in front of a professor because of the level of explanation and the way every concept was given to us. Would definetly recommend it to all my friends.

1  Thank DrMartens
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We were fortunate enough to have Simone as our guide and she was brilliant. She made us feel like locals because of all her knowledge and she meant it when she said we would get the atypical guide instead of the usual tourist spots. After her tour, we had a great feel for the city. If you're looking to have an experience like a traveller instead of a tourist, this is it! I particularly loved their consciousness on sustainable tourism (support local artists, climate change etc)