Reviews (3 041)
3 041 results
2 582
2 582
All reviews san stae vaporetto stop rialto bridge croissants grand canal main building beautiful courtyard minute walk train station water bus off the beaten path venetian style small canal charming hotel quiet location small hotel modern bathroom
Selected filters
66 - 71 of 3 041 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2019

The best kept hotel secret in Venice. We found it originally in the RS Venice book and then did our own research to be sure it was okay - WOW the reviews were correct!

Great location - 10 minutes walk to the Rialto Bridge, 20 to St. Mark's Square, and an easy ride on the Alilauna orange line to San Stae if you are coming from the Airport. Authentic neighborhood that feels very safe.

We were in room 45 in the Annex, which is on the first floor, and it was absolutely perfect. Very comfortable, spacious, and with a great bathroom. No elevator, which wasn't a problem for us.

Staff is wonderful and so helpful, breakfast a delightful smorgasbord of delicious delicacies. Eggs, cereal, bacon, pastries, fruits, cheese and the list goes on. Perfect place to retreat back to each night - we will definitely stay here when we are back in Venice!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2019 via mobile

The hosts are wonderful and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and our visit to Venice memorable. The breakfast included all that we could want: yogurts, cereal, mini croissants, fried and hard boiled eggs, and espresso drinks (cappuccino, latte). It’s no surprise that the hotel earned a 3rd star while we were there. Whether helping make dinner recommendations and reservations, or clarifying how to get around Venice, we loved our stay.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lee M
Reviewed 20 June 2019

We were captivated with the modest charm and uniqueness of this property. We felt like we were in historic Venice. The Hotel Mocenigo is located in a quiet area on the north end of the island. It is about a block from the dock and only a couple of vaporetta stops from the train station. It was a short scenic ride on the Vaporetta to St. Mark Square or a quick walk to the Rialto Bridge. We enjoyed walking the maze of alleys and canals on our way back to our room. Breakfast was very good-even though the rain forced us to eat inside instead of in their beautiful courtyard. I am rating service at a 4 star-instead of 5- as the desk clerk was MIA for a bit when we needed to check out early in the morn for the train. It was not possible to get coffee then- but we were given a couple of their tasty crepes for the road. We would recommend the gondola service by the Basilica dei Frari if you are looking for a private, quiet ride in the back canals.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2019 via mobile

This place is a must. Booked last minute and did not know what to expect for the price. Reviews were good so I took the risk and am so glad I did. Location was excellent and the staff were super helpful and friendly. The room was one of the cleanest I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in some expensive 5 star hotels. For the price everything was phenomenal. Only issue was the city tax where we did not realise it was cash only. Ended up paying by card as we would have missed our plane otherwise. I hope the receptionist did not get into trouble for this as he was just trying to be helpful as we pleaded with him :)

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2019

I've stayed in this hotel second time and I know where I'll stay my next visit to Venice. Very friendly, very authentic. In few minutes from pier, 10 minutes from Rialto. Very nice rooms, very quiet, very good breakfast. The only problem - there is no elevator and staircase is rather steep.