All reviews great location water taxi st marks square lovely hotel riva degli schiavoni san zaccaria stop good size superior room recommend this hotel reception staff tucked away short walk to st close to san marco the main hotel few minutes walk grand canal side street
Reviewed 11 August 2018

This is my favourite hotel and I have stayed here since 2000. Don't tell anyone about this place as it is busy enough.
The location is great as Arsenale or San Zaccaria is a short walk. Vaporetto's close by. Best thing though is the super helpful friendly staff: Marco, Tony, Francesco, Gabrielle and Luca. They have been there since I have been visiting. The rooms are absolutely immaculate with good sheets and towels.
I stayed in one of their apartments for three weeks and my stay was absolutely fabulous. I had a little kitchen, tv, shutters and air conditioning. So great to be able to go off the tourist trails to discover new places in Venice and to come back to my cool apartment in Castello (great area by the way).
So come and stay but keep a lid on it please.

Room Tip: take an apartment
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank skilakimou
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is VERY old. so the floors of the room creek whenever you walk around the room, you know the feeling when someone runs their nails on the blackboard, its that annoying .
We asked the staff for a toilet mat so that we don’t slip in the bathroom, he’s reply was “we don’t have you want me to bring from home”
Don’t even count on the breakfast Included at the hotel . You’d rather pay the same rate, or even cheaper rate at other 4 star hotels.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel was really easy to find from the vaporetto stop and is a convenient location near the waterfront. Easy to find way back from waterfront if you get lost in the back streets. Like all central Venice hotels, they are generally older, more boutique style with relatively small rooms. We had a room for 4 which suited us well for our short stay. It felt a little dark at first but once you got used to it, the room was fine. Breakfast was fine. Reception staff were always pleasant, helpful and friendly

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic four night stay here. The hotel is very close to the Grand Canal but tucked away enough to drown out the noise. Very clean hotel, friendly and helpful staff and delicious breakfast. Highly recommended. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2018

The hotel is just one block off the busy canal front with easy access to the water taxis as well, We were able to catch the water taxis at S Zaccaria going all around Venice as well as the airport. Many of the tours start at St. Mark's square so the location was perfect for the tourist.

Stayed: July 2018