“Excellent Choice for Venetian Dinner”
Review of Taverna Scalinetto

Taverna Scalinetto
Reserve with
Taverna Scalinetto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 1 506 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Castello
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were looking for dinner spots on our recent trip to Venice and I liked the reviews on TA. Well, we reserved a table and went for it.
We were not disappointed at all. We were welcomed in,and, shown to a table in the back "outside area". Service was efficient, not hurried at all, and the food was outstanding. Each course spoke for itself, from the Calabrese salad to the Duck Ravioli to the calamari and Milanese. As others have stated, the duck ravioli was the hit!.
There were two servers that evening and they were handling all the tables-no problem. Both were helping us, were extremely friendly, and efficient-the meal was perfectly paced.(we even shared an after dinner drink with them as I think we were the last diners that evening).
The meal and experience were so good that we decided we would come back the next evening to try some other dishes. We went by in the early afternoon and the young lady was working. I went in and she knew my name-impressive!. I told her what time we were looking at and was asked whether we wanted to be outside again or inside-she thought it would be hot so she would save a table outside for us. When we arrived, the table was ready!.
Our second meal, food and service ,was again outstanding(yes, we had to have the duck ravioli again). The young lady was there to serve us again, but not the gentleman, so alas, no singing to the music from him as the night before.
This is an excellent, small, quiet restaurant for those around San Marco that want to get away from the crowds and enjoy an authentic, well prepared meal with great service. We could have not been more pleased!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Gorgeous food, great atmosphere, decent prices. All of the pasta and bread is homemade. There is a compulsory €2 service charge on every order, just something to be aware of.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant is the best thing we discovered in Venice! We we’re looking for something to eat at the waterside, but ratings weren’t so good and prices were outrageous. Coincidentally, we walked into an alley and discovered this place. What a great menu, reasonable prices and very cosy place. As it was winter, the terrace was too cold, but during spring/summer I can imagine it is wonderful to eat on the terrace too. We enjoyed this place so much that if we had the time, we would’ve gone a
Second time!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I gave this restaurant a good rating for a number of reasons. We had great service. The food was flavorful and there were many choices for our family of five. The kids ordered pasta with meat sauce. My husband and I had mixed grilled vegetables and the fish of the day (turbot) with a light tomato base, potatoes and vegetables. My son had pasta fagioli soup. All good and reasonable. We sat outside in the rear of the restaurant. It was a nice setting.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My mind has been elevated to a new level after the salmon gnocci produced by this enlightened dining establishment. This restaurant will take you to new places both physically and spiritually.