“The worst Amorino I've been”
Review of Amorino

Amorino
Ranked #52 of 95 Dessert in Venice
Neighbourhood: San Polo
Neighbourhood: San Polo
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I am a big fan of Amorino ice cream and macarons, but store in Venice left me quite dissapointed. The ice cream was good as always, but the rose wasn't shaped as pretty as it usually is. Also it started melting really quickly. The most dissapointing thing was the fact that there were only three flavours of macarons: chocolate, caramel and nut. No fruit flavours at all. I've been in Amorino stores in Barcelona, Verona and London and the one in Venice is the only one I left unhappy.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We were only in Venice for 24 hours and we came back here twice! Beautiful flower shaped gelato, in delicious flavors, with a tasty macaron... can't be beat!!! It was 15.20 euros for two "piccolo" cones, two macarons, and one "piccola" cup of gelato.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We found this place while walking from where we were staying to Piazza San Marco. The storefront was very bright and inviting.

As soon as I walked in I noticed a flavor I like - cream and black cherry. We ordered two Coppa Grandissima. The flavors we tried were Caramel, Cream & Chocolate Chip, Cream & Black Cherry, Passionfruit and Black Currant.

The cups were the right size and not too filling for us. The Rialto Bridge was close by and we were able to find a place to sit and enjoy our gelato.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We passed by several times on our way to the Rialto bridge, and finally stopped in on our last day in Venice. The most expensive gelato we had on our trip, but the most delicious! I had strawberry and melone, and it tasted like fresh summer fruit. My DH had black cherry and crema, and it was also very good. I paid the extra 1,80 euro for a macaron (tasty, but got a bit soggy in the gelato).
We had our gelato in cups, but if you get a cone, it comes in the shape of a rose!

Reviewed 27 May 2018

We sought this ice-cream shop out after reading about it online. We thought the concept of the rose shaped ice-cream was really unique. The way the shop is displayed is very nice, the staff could be friendlier as they are serving customers. The gelato itself is nothing special and it did start to melt as soon as we walked out of the shop. It is overpriced and the presentation of the gelato could be improved (we have had rose shaped gelato elsewhere since and the difference was huge). I would not go back to this place as I don't think it's worth the price and there are really flavoursome gelato elsewhere in Venice for a lot less.