“OK - NOT WHAT WE'VE HAD IN OTHER PIZZA PLACES”

RossoSapore Torino Centro
Ranked #1 950 of 4 009 Restaurants in Turin
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Qualita e rispetto della tradizione culinaria mediterranea sono i punti di forza di questo ristorante che porta il calore del sud nel pieno centro di Torino.
Reviewed 14 May 2017

We were in Torino in April and this restaurant was near our hotel.
I do not often give below a 3 star, but I could not find a reason to give more than 2.
We lived in Italy for 3 years back in the 70's and always had wonderful pizza.

My husband ordered a pizza, not being sure what it was.
No help from the staff because they were way too busy and did not take the time to help him order.
The pizza was so tough that he had trouble cutting it with a knife.
In frustration, he left half of it uneaten, though he was very hungry.
I am gluten intolerant, so I did not order pizza.
I had a salad and it was "OK"

I found out later that this is a chain.
To me, it was expensive for a chain.
The wait staff seemed rushed and did not
take the time to check on us.

I saw that there was a response to one person who gave a negative review, saying that it was their first post and they should not be so negative.
Well, I am a level 6 contributor and a level 16 restaurant expert, so I do not fit that profile.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

We had lunch here - a very good pizza at a very good price - staff was very friendly - assisted us in everything - restaurant also has some outside seating - worth trying

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Upmarket pizza restaurant. We had a huge Antipasti Terra to share between 2 and then we had a shared 1/2 parmigiani pizza, which defeated us, although we took a doggy bag home. We drank artisanal beer, very fresh. No chance on dessert given we hadn't finished the pizza. Lively atmosphere, huge portions of freshly cooked food, reasonable value.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Visited restaurant because we were hungry and not much else open. So glad we did! We ordered a pizza and NO it's not like in the U.S. but we could tell that the sauce was made fresh and that the cheese was not like most (not all) of the rubbery mozzarella used on pizza back home. We ordered a pizza for two and it was too big, we could only eat half. We also ordered a salad and all the ingredients were sooo fresh. Only oil and vinegar, salt and pepper as dressing and it was great! At home we eat veggies every day and it is hard to do on the road, but this restaurant was a great help!
So we returned a couple of days later and tried the seafood with pasta (I forget what it was called) but again, you could tell that the sauce was freshly made. We spoke with the owner and server, who verified that they use only fresh ingredients. Their wine recommendations were spot on. We are not wine experts but what was suggested paired and enhanced our meals. Try their HY Cuvee cheesecake too! Danger! If we are ever in Torino again, we will return to Rossosapore! Recommend for a casual but excellent meal! The owner and the staff seem to really enjoy catering to their customers and are happy to answer any questions we had. We actually spoke with several staff members and they all seemed to take a true interest in providing a positive customer experience. Thank You to the owner and the staff for great food and service!

Reviewed 7 October 2016

This venue was just around the corner from our hotel and was popular with the locals so we decided to try it. I had a pizza and my husband had a chicken breast stuffed with cheese and grilled vegetables on the side. Well for 7 euros I received enough pizza to feed 4 people! And it was great! You can order a single serve, a medium or a large. Mine was a single for 7 euros and wow I took half of it away. My husband really enjoyed his as well. Definitely recommend for an inexpensive but great lunch.