“Could Easily Earn More Than Five Stars”
Review of Acanto Restaurant

Acanto Restaurant
Reserve with
Acanto Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 8 980 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stazione Centrale
Description: Acanto offers two different menus for lunch and dinner: light and more simple dishes for lunch proposal, gourmet delicacies for dinner. For the first time now guests can also create their own exclusive taste experience, picking them directly from the menu proposals. To complement the exceptional culinary experience, the restaurant’s refined decor features a show kithchen, Murano glass chandeliers and a beautiful light-washed veranda overlooking the hotel’s Italian garden.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing service. I think many go for buffet, which looked awesome, but I saw a salmon Benedict on the ala cart menu and chose that. It was my most delicious breakfast of the year. The coffee was exceptional as well and served with steamed milk. Very good. The environment is luxurious yet the professional staff makes you feel comfortable. If the 45 euro buffet for breakfast is too much, then the ala cart menu provides a great option for an amazing experience.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Breakfast may be the best in Milan. Lunch menu has very reasonable business lunch specials featuring both fish and meat. Dinner menu is just as varied as lunch. Ask for the Veal Milanese.

PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Acanto Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you loved our breakfast and Acanto Restaurant!

I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon to try some more of our tempting dishes.

General Manager Hotel Principe di Savoia

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We had eaten at this restaurant several times and enjoyed,
but our experience after several years break was not good.
The food was just ok, but the service was bad, All started out
well, but as the evening got later, the service level dropped to
zero.
With the staff focused on the outside tables, those of us on the
inside were ignored. At the end, no desert order, coffee, or drinks.
We were unable to even get our bill. As we exited,
noticed supervisor and couple of staff in conversation,
ignoring the guests. Never again.

PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Acanto Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not memorable this time.
I kindly ask you to contact me personally with further details in order to go deeper into this matter.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

General Manager Hotel Principe di Savoia

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I was expecting so so food and great service in a beautiful restaurant...

The restaurant is beautiful, and quite full for a Monday evening. I ordered the fois and an octopus pasta. Both were amazing, well executed and presented to my surprise. I mean Michelin star worthy.

But...the service was more like a trattoria in Naples. The very knowledgeable sommelier was never around to timely serve the wine pairings nor did the head waiter attend to it. One member from my party asked if her dish was raw shrimp and the waiter said yes, but you could clearly see it was raw. When I asked for the Maitre to resolve the issue, it was raw. Now a visit to the Milano hospital if eaten would have destroyed my night.

Sad, but true.

The food is excellent.

PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Acanto Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us your precious feedback. I am pleased to hear that you liked our restaurant and found the food excellent.
On the other hand, I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectations regarding service offered and thank you again for sharing your opinion which helps us striving for continuous improvements.

Direttore Generale Hotel Principe di Savoia

Reviewed 27 May 2018

We had Sunday Brunch at Acanto in the Hotel Princepe di Savoia. At the time we made the reservation, we did not realize that that particular Sunday was Mother's Day in Italy. The restaurant was totally full. Despite the crowd, there was a wide choice of hot and cold foods plus a full dessert buffet. The staff was excellent about removing used plates and making sure that serving plates on the buffets were replaced as they were emptied.

If we had one complaint, it was that there were no labels on the buffet tables indicating what was on each plate. Since I have a shellfish allergy, this led to some guessing as to what was in certain dishes.

Overall, excellent food and superb service at a high but reasonable price.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased to hear that loved our Sunday Brunch and appreciated the variety and quality of foods offered.

Warmest regards,