“Village restaurant ambience in a city centre location”
Review of Osteria Fara

Osteria Fara
Ranked #235 of 9 115 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stazione Centrale
Reviewed 17 August 2018

We went here to eat on a recommendation from the barman at the Hotel Berna. We wanted a simple pasta/pizza type restaurant as we had just arrived in Milan and didn't have time for something more elaborate.
The restaurant turned out to be better than expected. We were seated in a courtyard area and it felt more like being in a rural restaurant than a place in the city centre. It was really nice. We were given a welcome drink (free). Service was quick and the waiter friendly with excellent spoken English. The food was delicious and a reasonable price.
We wanted to eat here again during our stay in Milan but we later found that the evening we first ate there was their last night open before their holiday. We had heard that most of Italy shuts down at some point in August to take their annual holidays (not all at the same time thankfully) and this was the case with this restaurant. We therefore didn't have the pleasure of a second visit.

2  Thank IDACheshire
Write a ReviewReviews (1 093)

11 - 15 of 1 093 reviews

Reviewed 16 August 2018

When we sat down we were immediately given a glass of free proseco. Our waiter was wonderful. He was very attentive and funny. It was a joy to be treated well. The food was great. The other thing that happened is that my wife ordered a glass a wine. When she was done, our waiter came and poured her some more. You will feel well taken care. of.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Went there with two family with small kids. The service was great! For the start we got a glass of prosecco and bruschetta.
The Kids had Pizza and Pasta, while we tried to eat as much as possible from the card! The recommendations where great, everything was just fantastic! We loved it so much that we came back the next day so we can try more of the food and celebrate the birthday of one of us.

Thanks to Goigoi and the rest of the staff, we had two great nights at your restaurant!

1  Thank Thomas L
Reviewed 9 August 2018

We ate here twice while in Milan - this first night was really yummy so we returned. The second visit wasn't quite as good - hence the average rating. We had pizza and it wasn't very good at all. Could have been an off night? I did like the ambiance of the place and the staff were really nice.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were in Milan for a night at the end of July before flying to Sicily for 10 days. We visited this restaurant on local recommendation and were not disappointed. The table was in a lovely quiet courtyard, the food was delicious and the service from Nicholas superb. I managed, however, to leave my handbag behind and did not realise this until the next morning. On returning to the osteria Fara yesterday we were warmly greeted by Giorgio who not only had my bag waiting for me, but also 2glasses of prosecco and genuine pleasure at returning the bag. I can not rate this osteria and the staff highly enough, grazie miller.