“Very pleasant, solid Italian trattoria”
Review of Trattoria Sole

Trattoria Sole
Ranked #325 of 9 106 Restaurants in Milan
Price range: US$29 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Città Studi
Reviewed 24 July 2018

I particularly enjoyed this evening out in Milan. It is normally very hard to tolerate long Italian dinners when traveling on my own, but the informality of this place and the pleasant demeanor of the staff made this a special evening for me.

The menu was short, but interesting, everything I had was done exactly right. Unlike most Italian restaurants I have visited lately, the portion size was sensible, so it was possible to actually enjoy a primo and a secondo. The red wine choice by the glass was exceptionally good and remarkably inexpensive.

The décor is so informal that it is funny. The antique wooden tables with plastic chairs were particularly amusing: this kind of informality is very welcome to me.

I particularly appreciated the patience of the staff when I got lost and came in sweating 1/2 hour after my reservation. In the Italian tradition, you have a table for the whole evening--nobody is rushing you to finish so they can turn the table over.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

This is one of those meaningful, evergreen addresses that the Milanese treasure and revert to, always with great satisfaction.
The cuisine investigates the tradition of the territory but with a curious, cultuvated eye, blending French influences with Lombard flavours in a creative way.
Home-made pastas, carefully selected main courses, desserts that shift you back in time are proposed in a friendly yet impeccable way.
The welcoming atmosphere reveals the attentive eye of the owners, who supervise everything but in a discreet, elegant way.
We have always been enthousiast about this place.

1  Thank albertovanderbilt
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Dinner on my first night in Milan. My B&B owner called to make sure there would be a table for me. The staff was very friendly and took time to explain about the menu. Instead of having an antipasti, primi, secondi, I had two antipasti and a pasta. Everything was surprisingly flavorful and tasty. I loved the black pasta with anchovy sauce and pine nuts.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

It is a nice restaurant but I wasn't amazed to be honest. Food is nice but nothing special.
I was expecting more Milanese mains.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

This restaurant has a lovely familiar atmosphere, the food quality & taste ranges from very good to excellent. I definitely plan to come back and taste some more.
Staff is friendly and discreet.
The bill stands on the rather expensive side.
The location is the opposite of what anybody could call "central". On the other hand, this restaurant stands at the extreme E boundary of Milan, with no problem whatsoever to find a parking spot nearby. Also, the Lambrate Metro stop is within 10 min walk.