“Good food except bad bread”
Review of La Piccola Napoli

La Piccola Napoli
Ranked #3 908 of 8 978 Restaurants in Milan
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We ate there this evening. My gnocchi was very good. My husband reported his spaghetti carbonara as mediocre. My friend really liked her pasta with tomatoes and ricotta.

The server seemed to just tolerate us. I am sure we followed no customary Italian dining pattern.

We were twice accosted by sellers of single stem flowers while we were sitting there, which I found intrusive especially since the first person did not want to take no for an answer.

It is conveniently close to the Marriott

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Wonderful family style restaurant with lots of options for food. Everything we had was great. We look forward to another meal there.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

We had great pizza here. Like $6 or so for a large delicious pizza. You will really enjoy. Wine prices very low and it’s fun to dine at the cute little spot out on the sidewalk

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

If you want to eat where locals do and have the original taste of Italian dishes and desserts you should visit this type of neighborhood restaurants. Excellent food with a great variety of dishes all cooked perfectly, with the average service you expect from locals when you don’t speak Italian and have to make the effort to speak English. I Totally recommend the place and will definitely go back for the true napolitan taste.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We walked down the streets near where we stayed (Milan Marriott Hotel) and found this gem. This restaurant was fully booked, you can sit inside or alfresco. We just wanted some nice pasta & pizzas. We asked the restaurant manager and he gave us a table after seeking our permission. It was a table where they placed their glasses. He arranged it very quickly for us. However, we had to finish before the next guests arrive so we were given an hour.

We took longer as the restaurant manager recommended great dishes for us. He introduced traditional Italian dishes to us, went well with wine. The lobster pasta was the best I have ever tasted! We got to order 2 sets at one go. Well, they were so excellent! Juicy! Thin pizzas known as their hometown food were very delicious. Desserts were mediocre. They managed to set up other tables for the guests after us.

Staff were so hardworking. All the guests frequent here often, the manager remembered their names and gave hugs & kisses. It was a noisy restaurant but I really felt the warmth.

Remember, reserve your seats in advance. Go for the Lobster Pasta!