All reviews train station great location croissants clean rooms salami lago di como top floor wifi lake ferry boats
Reviewed 7 April 2018

the location is perfect - close to the town center, the railway station, and the lake;
the hotel is quiet, the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and helpful, the breakfast is good, and the price reasonable

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

It wasn't my first visit to Como but the first time in Plinius hotel. The hotel is very well located in the center of Como. Very Few minutes by walking away from the embarkation gate of lago di Como, Exactly 8 minutes walking away from San Giovani train station. The stuff is very welcoming always smiling. Check in and check out are quick. The breakfast is very good you can find cheese eggs salami croissants coffee tee yogurt fruits compote jam nutella and so on in a buffet.
The hotel is clean. We were very happy in the stay in Plinius hotel. For sure we will come back and we highly recommend it

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Jean Claude E
Reviewed 9 March 2018

We had a reservation for 2 rooms from 08.03. until 11.03.2018 for the hotel. Subject to the booking terms, the hotel made a payment for the rooms on 06.03. from my credit card. The airline we were supposed to fly canceled flights to Milan on 07.03. We could not find another flight to get to Milan and Como. I contacted the hotel asking for some of my money to be returned, describing the case, but the hotel refused.These are extraordinary circumstances and I think the hotel could have an understanding. Naturally, I did not expect the full amount to be refunded, but they could make a partial refund. I will not book this hotel anymore.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

It was very well located, and the price was good. The room and the staff were nice, and we enjoyed our short stay there.
The breakfast was good and well provided, and we would definitely come back in the future.
The only down side is, it doesn't offer a view of the lake.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Esteban C
Reviewed 19 January 2018

I booked one of the top floor superior rooms, and it was really nice and worth its money! The room was spacious, had great beds, an extra sofa, desk, large TV, and an ultra modern bathroom. The view from up there was amazing, especially early in the morning. The staff was genuinely nice, very friendly and accommodating.

On the down side, breakfast was horrendous. But, there were plenty of cafes nearby where you can enjoy your coffee and snacks outdoors or indoors. The hotel is about 10 minutes by foot from the train station, about 5 minutes from the lake, and with plenty of restaurants, bars and shops within minutes.

Como was a magical little place and I would go back in a heartbeat!

Room tip: Top floor superior rooms definitely
Date of stay: November 2017