All reviews train station great location croissants clean rooms salami lago di como top floor wifi lake ferry boats
Reviewed 9 March 2018

We had a reservation for 2 rooms from 08.03. until 11.03.2018 for the hotel. Subject to the booking terms, the hotel made a payment for the rooms on 06.03. from my credit card. The airline we were supposed to fly canceled flights to Milan on 07.03. We could not find another flight to get to Milan and Como. I contacted the hotel asking for some of my money to be returned, describing the case, but the hotel refused.These are extraordinary circumstances and I think the hotel could have an understanding. Naturally, I did not expect the full amount to be refunded, but they could make a partial refund. I will not book this hotel anymore.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

It was very well located, and the price was good. The room and the staff were nice, and we enjoyed our short stay there.
The breakfast was good and well provided, and we would definitely come back in the future.
The only down side is, it doesn't offer a view of the lake.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Esteban C
Reviewed 19 January 2018

I booked one of the top floor superior rooms, and it was really nice and worth its money! The room was spacious, had great beds, an extra sofa, desk, large TV, and an ultra modern bathroom. The view from up there was amazing, especially early in the morning. The staff was genuinely nice, very friendly and accommodating.

On the down side, breakfast was horrendous. But, there were plenty of cafes nearby where you can enjoy your coffee and snacks outdoors or indoors. The hotel is about 10 minutes by foot from the train station, about 5 minutes from the lake, and with plenty of restaurants, bars and shops within minutes.

Como was a magical little place and I would go back in a heartbeat!

Room tip: Top floor superior rooms definitely
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Faye_JV
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights and wish I could have swapped hotels...one of the dirtiest nastiest hotels I've ever stayed in in Europe (and worse than many back packer hostels I've stayed in in SE Asia!) dirty carpets, floors, even the walls had stains on them. The curtains were hanging off the rail and the bed linen had seen better days.... the staff were complacent, and don't blame them it's hardly a place to be proud of.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Digs00
GHI1995, Direttore at Hotel Plinius, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Mr. Digs00,
I have never received a complain like yours.
I understand you asked a last second change that was not possible. There is a cancellation policy as per airplane and many other services.
We keep the room booked for you as per contract.
I think all the people of tripadvisor communtity can see your review has nothing to do with our Hotel.
With your review you had your revenge against the property. Cousing a damage to all of us. Your can complain should be about the cancellaton policy (our cancellation policy is 48 hour before the arrival) , I can't understand why you add all this ridicolous stories about cleaning and complacent staff.
Regards,
Umberto Butti
Manager

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This is a great little hotel, the staff are friendly and the location is great. It includes breakfast and their is a lift to all floors, The only thing that was a little disappointing
was the bed, it was so hard that I struggled to sleep each night. Other than that the rooms was good for the money I paid, the bathroom was clean and the wifi was usuable.

Date of stay: August 2017