All reviews train station great location clean rooms croissants salami lago di como top floor wifi lake ferry boats
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

Loved this cute hotel in como- close to all the shops and the lake. Staff members always greeted us each time and breakfast was great too- always offering us cappuccinos! The rooms are air conditioned with wifi and the staff were very happy to help us with transfers and taxis and any other information we needed.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Located centrally, right next to the Piazza Cavour and a 10-15 minute walk from the station "Como Lago Nord" ,this small hotel has decently sized rooms . Importantly, it's a 5 minute walk from the beautiful lake and its ferry ticket center.
The airconditioning quality in all European hotels (especially during the summer months) seems to be a basic problem ...........so I am not going to single out this hotel and give it any minus points .....but I will give it plus points for a reasonable price, a decent (more than continental ) breakfast ,excellent /free wifi connectivity and above all .......efficient and friendly staff.
Would I recommend it ? At the price we paid........a VFM no brainer !

Room Tip: Try for a room facing the street.....to avoid that dingy feeling and use their free umbrellas
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2016

The primary problem was that it was an incredibly noisy room which made it impossible to get to sleep until well after 2am, because of drunken street shouting and some inconsiderate guests). I was then woken up at 8am by road works. I may have been a little unlucky to be there on a Friday night, with a room overlooking the street and right by the stairs / lift. Reception were totally dismissive when I raised the issue. I suggest you take ear plugs.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with 7Ideas.com
2  Thank RS006
Reviewed 7 April 2016

The hotel is located close to Piazza Cavour and is 10-15 minutes walk from both San Giovanni and Lago Nord stations. I took a clean, quiet ensuite single bedroom on the 3rd of 5 floors for 50 euros a night, with an eat all you like buffet breakfast included. There is also WIFI available. The staff spoke good English and were unfailingly helpful. While not a luxury hotel, I found it perfectly comfortable and more than adequate for my needs and taste. I'd stay again based on this experience.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank lonewolf44
Reviewed 2 April 2016

Hotel Plinius is situated right in center of the town. Rooms are clean, bathroom is modern. Staff is polite and ready to help, if you need any information about the town. Breafast is quite good in italian standarts.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple