All reviews tower room lake como train station perfect location spiral staircase wonderful hotel two nights would highly recommend this hotel old world charm huge bathroom boutique hotel restaurants and shops visit como air conditioning ferry piazza milan
Reviewed 21 December 2018 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel for the last 6 years, but I appears to me that the hotel is having management issues
I stayed there two weeks ago for two nights and the restaurant that use to be one of the best in Como town is now completely changed and the food and the service was really poor quality to say the least
Then I booked a room on Tuesday night thinking never mind about the restaurant, I can always eat somewhere else . Although the hotel was more than half empty the put me in very small room right next to the restaurant, when I checked in there was a big and loud party going in the restaurant so when I asked the reception why they put me in this room they told me it’s only 10 pm and the party should be finished in maximum one hour.
To cut the long story short this loud and crazy party went on until 1.30 Am the next day
When I called the reception at 1 AM to say that this is not acceptable, they offered to change my room at 1 AM
At the end I hardly got any sleep that night and therefore I was late the next day and my entire Wednesday was ruined
Very badly managed!!!!!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2018 via mobile

We were here for 4 nights. My sister and I had a room overlooking the Plaza. We could also see the lake. The room was large and a large bathroom. The buffet was excellent. Very friendly staff. I would stay there again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
GiuliaCalde, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Albergo Terminus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2019

Dear dgrossman170,

thank you for sharing this positive review regarding your stay at Albergo Terminus, it's a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your experience.
We are glad to hear your 4 nights here were wonderful and you loved your room overlooking the Piazza and its Christmas lights and markets, as well as the lake.
We hope the room was matched your standards with regard to largeness and comfort and hope your stay was relaxing and wonderful.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another fantastic stay at Albergo Terminus!

Reviewed 10 December 2018

We spent 2 nights in this lovely Hotel after a very long flight to Milan and before setting off on a hectic drive through Italy-it was the perfect oasis!
Perfectly located for exploring the old town of Como with great warmth and comfort about it. Lovely rooms with views, comfortable sitting areas and the best breakfast we had in all of the 4 Hotels we stayed in in Italy-wonderful service and fresh and wide choices of food.
We highly recommend this Hotel-we enjoyed our stay so much.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GiuliaCalde, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Albergo Terminus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2018

Dear Lyn1808,

thank you for taking the time to share this review following your stay at Albergo Terminus, it's a pleasure to hear you spent two lovely nights here with us.
We hope staying here was the perfect way to start your hectic journey through Italy.
We are glad to know you particularly appreciated the convenient location in the heart of Como, next to the main square and in front of the lake, as well as the rooms and common areas of our facility.
We also appreciate you wonderful feedbacks about our breakfast buffet and its variety and freshness.

Reviewed 9 December 2018 via mobile

I spent a weekend in this charming hotel and sincerely enjoyed my stay. Through it isn't the most updated hotel in Como city centre (actually 95% are not), what they lacked in renivations, they made up for in charm and service. I had requested local restaurant reservations ahead of my stay and Elisa was extremely propmt in making arrangements. When we we couldn't get reservations into my first choice restaurant, she quickly came up with alternative suggestions. I highly recommend.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear briansit,

thank you for taking the time to share this review of your experience at Albergo Terminus, we are glad to read you enjoyed your weekend here in Como.
It's a pleasure to hear you thought our strong point was the charm and wonderful service we strive to offer to all our guests.
We shared your positive feedbacks directly with Elisa, she was very happy to hear her prompt and attentive service was well appreciated, we also hope you enjoyed the restaurants recommended.
We would be glad to welcome you back very soon for another wonderful stay at Albergo Terminus!

Cordialmente,

Reviewed 29 November 2018

It's a reputable hotel, but for the size and service I would categorize it as a Boutique Hotel. The first impression is that it is an older building with tall ceilings and darker hallways. I think the decor is fine and fits the overall ambience of the hotel.

The front desk and staff were friendly. Rooms are generally available after 2-3PM. There is clearly a side of the hotel that faces the lake and you should consider requesting that. The other rooms face an alley. The rooms are quiet and spacious for European standards. The bathrooms are also considered spacious and has showers instead of a tub. I believe that the rooms are catered to a less European clientele. The bed is a comfy and there is an small safe in your room. Remember that the AC is only for seasonal use, so don't expect to just be turning it on cause it won't fire up.

They provide breakfast if your hotel package includes it. They set up our breakfast in a function room which I found to be more than adequate. They try to cater their breakfast to the American palette as well ..., so you'll get the usual eggs, ham, bread, toast, etc.

There is also a nice restaurant on premises that we did not partake of and so I will not comment on it.

The location is amazing! It is close to pretty much all the highlights of Como. You can walk to most of the local attractions that would include the lake, boat ride, Duomo, etc.

It was a lovely stay and I would go back to it.

Date of stay: September 2018
GiuliaCalde, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Albergo Terminus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2018

Dear Gerry,

thank you for choosing Albergo Terminus for your stay in Como and for taking the time to share such a detailed review of your experience.
We are glad to hear you liked our hotel and decor in general and particularly enjoyed the friendliness of our staff, the quiet and spacious rooms, providing for a comfortable and relaxing stay.
We are pleased that you also liked the breakfast room and the buffet itself, with the great care we put into appealing to everyone's tastes and habits, as well as the convenient location, next to the city centre and close to all of Como's attractions and and in front of the lake.
We hope you went back home with many good memories from your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay at Albergo Terminus!