“Worst sushi ever...”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

We are true sushi lovers and traveled to this restaurant because of the nice reviews. Guys, I don't know who wrote all of them, but these are the worst sushi we've ever ate! The menu is extremely poor. No amaebi, no unagi of any kind! The fish was not really so fresh... we left most of our order uneaten.

3  Thank Elena B

Reviewed 15 February 2017

If you want to eat real Japanese dishes, this is the place you should go in Como.

The location is small and cozy and Yoshi — the Japanese chef — is very nice and friendly. The menu is not as extensive as in other "Japanese restaurants" that you can find outside Japan. But this is a pro, and not a cons!

We visited the restaurant twice and tried most of the dishes, all very good. From sushi and sashimi (yes, the fish is excellent), to onigiri, misoshiru (miso soup), and traditional dishes such as okonomiyaki (a pancake with shrimps) and takoyaki (octopus dumplings).

We also tried typical wagashi (desserts) such as dango and dorayaki.

The price of this restaurant is in line with most "à-la-carte" Japanese restaurants that you can find in the surroundings, but they offer dishes that are nearly impossible to eat outside Japan.

What else to say... Domo arigatou gozaimashita, Kuwabara-San!

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Tiny restaurant outside the city wall, not in a particular nice location(it's on a main road), but this should not stop you to go there. Very friendly staff, real japanese food, very good quality fish. The real deal if you want to eat japanese food. Do not expect neither the (poor) quality nor the (low) prices of the usual all you can eat chinese sushi restaurants

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

We had surprisingly a free night out without kids and went back to Sakura to taste again the real Japanese cuisine.
The owner, native from Japan, is always nice and gentle, service is really good. Food is top: we have been in Japan several times and this is the only place where japanese cuisine tastes like in Japan!
From sushi to udon all is great.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

We have had dinner twice here. Each time the service was slow and poor and each time there were only a few people there. My daughter ordered Okonomiyaki, not good, too rich and heavy. My husband ordered sushi. My son and I got the sashimi. The description reads 18 pieces of fish, we received 12.5 pieces, 7 pieces were salmon, 2 scallops, 3 pieces of a fish I am not sure of and 1 small sliver of octopus. Unfortunately, my son does not like salmon so he was disappointed. We asked to see the menu again so he could order something else. After 5-10 minutes we were handled the menu. We then tried to order something else for my son yet no one came to our table. Finally my husband went to the counter we paid the bill and left. All four of us agreed we would not go back.